Radio screen not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio screen not working.

Hi all I have a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX SRi VX Line that I bought. The center console touch screen doesn’t work at all no noise nothing plus the steering wheel controls associated with the radio also don’t work.
    The radio screen code is 90802618
    And the controller is ng 2.0 HMI

How can I mend this?

Many thanks

try disconnecting battery for 10/15 mins
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I’ve tried that plus checking the power up to the screen which is all 12v I am thinking it is the HMI unit. Used to BMWs which have a different system

Comment

Originally posted by Hamiskhkmcars View Post
        I’ve tried that plus checking the power up to the screen which is all 12v I am thinking it is the HMI unit. Used to BMWs which have a different system
        Hi as Dave above says take the battery off for a while, it often sorts a whole host of issues. I think you messaged me on eBay about a hmi I’m selling

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

I have tried that a few times. Even up to 30 minutes.
          I’ve tried a new screen part to no avail.
          Do you guys think it’s a HMI software problem?
          If so where could I get it sorted?
          Thanks so far and sorry for the late reply.

Comment

I have tried that a few times. Even up to 30 minutes.
            I’ve tried a new screen part to no avail.
            Do you guys think it’s a HMI software problem?
            If so where could I get it sorted?
            Thanks so far and sorry for the late reply.
            Have you checked all the associated fuses ?

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
              Have you checked all the associated fuses ?

Yes fuses, or possibly HMI. It's on a loop with the cluster, radio module, climate, hmi, touchpad (if applicable) so if there's a break in the loop it will not function correctly.

You could try getting opcom on it and seeing the fault codes. Whether it's a MOST connection issue or something completely different.

Hope it's sorted quickly and cheaply

Comment

I have re checked all fuses again and no luck.
                My Delphi diagnostic only goes up to 2014 unfortunately so I can see there’s codes but not what they are.
                It does have the touch pad too.

I am going to strip it all out and rebuild

Comment

I have re checked all fuses again and no luck.
                  My Delphi diagnostic only goes up to 2014 unfortunately so I can see there’s codes but not what they are.
                  It does have the touch pad too.

I am going to strip it all out and rebuild
                  What do you mean by you can see there's codes but not what they are?

Comment

Turned out to be broken wire behind the screen, easy fix in the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X