Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Peter ,you still in Houghton area ? will keep my eyes open
      Yes. You will probably see it in the Lidl carpark

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM View Post
        Yes. You will probably see it in the Lidl carpark
        you the gaffer then ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I actually prefer the SRI VXLine or Elite to the GSI, and I can't understand also why there is a £7000 hike in price from the Elite up to the GSI either, there's only £2k difference between the VXLine and the Elite. Simply not worth the money at all. Am also not a fan of the bumper, the VXLine is much nicer to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            I actually prefer the SRI VXLine or Elite to the GSI, and I can't understand also why there is a £7000 hike in price from the Elite up to the GSI either, there's only £2k difference between the VXLine and the Elite. Simply not worth the money at all. Am also not a fan of the bumper, the VXLine is much nicer to look at.
            I agree with you in many ways.
            Like I said I was not mad about the Insignia B anyway when it came out, (I've still got my old model Insignia Elite). But the 'Exclusive Program' got my attention. Ideally I would have ordered an Elite or VXline ST with a custom paint colour, black pack and a Nappa interior. 170ps FWD would have done me fine. ..But they deleted that whole program almost straight away, (at least in the UK)

I was going to buy a nice solid black (Exclusive Program) 170 auto Elite with power driver seat and Shale (cream) interior and 6k miles, but I was pipped to the post.

At the end of the day I like something a bit different. A team at Opel did tweek quite a few things to make it different.
            I just like oddball estates

(Also, in my defence, pan sunnroofs are rare, and its been dropped as an option now, as has darkened rear glass in SRI/VXLine).

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM View Post
              (Also, in my defence, pan sunnroofs are rare, and its been dropped as an option now, as has darkened rear glass in SRI/VXLine).
              I love a sunroof on a car and really missed one on the last few cars i've had as they've become a real rarity with folk having Air Con instead. Other half used to have a Corsa that had the sunroof that was basically the front half of the roof and it was great fully open. I was looking at Mondeo estates more or less just because i could have a sunroof on one. Unfortunately couldnt stretch to one on the GS Tourer i got new in the end.

Comment

Petrol GSI was dropped not long after it was released, due to poor sales. Same was true of the 260PS petrol 4x4, which was dropped last year.

Comment

I used to love them,.. but not a fan of sunroofs now, really don't miss them. My brother used to have one on his 205 GTI and my Uno Turbo didn't, was gutted

Comment

Arrrrrrr the good old Uno turbo .the rollaskate . takes me back. The last time I had a proper sunroof was on my vectra B CDX .
                    Then I had a Panasonic roof on a fiat 500 ( I had the poor man's version it didn't open version)
                    Now we got a Nissan Quashed with yet another Paranormal roof ( it didn't open ) but if you leave the sunshade open in the sun the whole interior becomes s sauna .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      Arrrrrrr the good old Uno turbo .the rollaskate . takes me back. The last time I had a proper sunroof was on my vectra B CDX .
                      Then I had a Panasonic roof on a fiat 500 ( I had the poor man's version it didn't open version)
                      Now we got a Nissan Quashed with yet another Paranormal roof ( it didn't open ) but if you leave the sunshade open in the sun the whole interior becomes s sauna .
                      Awesome motor... wish I had one now
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi. Just thought I’d put down some thoughts contrasting the Insignias I have.
                        65 plate 170 auto Elite ST, which I have had for about 18months, and the 68 plate 210 Biturbo D GSI ST which I have had for 5 months

I’m not using the Elite much, and I tend to hop into it once a week, and I use the GSI everyday.

Compared with the Elite, the GSI:
                        Is more refined, in terms of isolation of everything, despite the 20inch wheels. I think this would be the case with any B compared with and A.

Feels lighter and handles corners better. Again this may be case with most Bs compared with As.

For anyone thinking about getting a GSI, It may tough to even find one to test drive so here are a few things you need to bear in mind.

Economy is poor. Mixed urban driving equals mid 30s at best. In the winter I think we may be talking 30ish. The best I have had on a run is 48-50 taking it very easy.

It may be just me or that it’s 4x4 but i am puzzled again by a biturbo diesel engine. I had a 15 plate ‘A’ Country Tourer Biturbo, and apart from the harshness, it didn’t seem to have the immediate bit of torque under your toe, that the old 163, and the later 170 gave you. The GSI is a bit like that. it’s ultimately quicker, but that little bit of instant torque in normal driving, seems more accessible in the 170 Elite!

The ride and refinement, (apart from the engine which is OK) is better than I thought it would be, bearing in mind the lowered and stiffer suspension, and 20inch wheels.

It’s not a fast car, with a four cylinder diesel, you can’t expect it. However what’s interesting is the depths of its abilities. The stuff about the GSI being developed at the Nürburgring, by Volker Strycek, hi-spec Michelin’s, torque vectoring all wheel drive blah blah was stuff I thought would be total BS. However even though I haven’t pushed it very hard, I am convinced there has been some special work done on this model.

So don’t expect break neck acceleration, but the handling, and the feel-good factor from just driving the thing cross country is brilliant. I have never driven an estate car (or many cars, period) that feels so good in your hands.

The other upsides to GSI is the amount of kit thrown in, the seats, and the rarity.

I still love the Elite, and if I was forced to get rid of one, it would be a tough choice.

Comment

Very nice looking motor, good colour too! I would agree that your thoughtful comparison between the A and B applies to the models in general (I swapped a 2.0 CDTi for a 1.5SRi petrol, same bhp but ten years of progress shows in equipment, refinement and handling.)

And from looking at your pics, any misgivings I've had about wrapping the chrome grille wings and fog lamp surrounds matt black on my Lava Red SRi have been well and truly resolved, just got to convince the missus
                          Last edited by PeteH; 15-08-2019, 10:43 PM.
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Ta.
                            Yes that factory ‘Exclusive’ Program where you could order black decrome and custom paint colours didn’t last long, and there are only few cars in the uk that ever got ordered. It would have been better if they had also blackened the exhaust trims as well, in my view.

Comment

Working...
                            X