8000lumen led headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8000lumen led headlights

Has anybody tried the Philips HIR2/9012 Glacier Supreme LUXEON ZES LED Headlight Kit - 8000 Lumens. Are they too bright or should i go for 4000lumen lamps and are they legal

they're 4000lm per bulb so 8000 in total.

Led's are legal but you can run the risk of blinding other users. HID conversion kits need to be removed come MOT time

quite a price tho....i have these, same lumens output and at £23 thought the were worth a try

the light output is brilliant, i can now see the pavement on the passengers side, been in for a couple of weeks and havent been flashed, followed the wife in her car and she said nothing either, nice white light and no errors on dash.

pic is with the headlight level adjuster on the highest setting so i can see further up the road
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dipped.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	243052

full beam
    Click image for larger version

Name:	full.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	243053

Comment

if you get a jobsworth mot tester,he will fail it too for having leds fitted
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I use to run with LEDs back with my Passat. Was constantly messing with them as I was never to happy with the light pattern.

Switched to a HID kit after that and would never switch back to led. I would find a good H.I.D kit and run with that

Comment

Working...
        X