What boost pressure should a 1.4 petrol turbo insignia have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What boost pressure should a 1.4 petrol turbo insignia have

Hi all I'm new here so first of I just want to say hi and I hope I'm posting this in the correct section if not I am sorry.
    Anyway I have a 2016 vauxhall insignia 1.4 turbo SRI and was wondering if anyone knows what psi boost she should be producing?
    And is there any modifications that can be done to increase power out put at all?
    Many thanks
    Adam

Originally posted by advinnie View Post
    And is there any modifications that can be done to increase power out put at all?
    Shift down a gear or two and floor it.
    Remap can get 1.4T to about 170hp.
    Try higher octane fuel.

Or part-ex it for one with a bigger engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      Shift down a gear or two and floor it.
      Remap can get 1.4T to about 170hp.
      Try higher octane fuel.

Or part-ex it for one with a bigger engine.
      I'd think the smaller turbo charged engines should be left alone, asking for future trouble

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        I'd think the smaller turbo charged engines should be left alone, asking for future trouble
        I agree. I'm not a fan of re-mapping.
        I'm also not a fan of downsized turbo engines except for cars that spend 90% of their time in town traffic or making short journeys.
        The Insignia 1.4T is probably the best choice for use in town because it minimises fuel wastage when creeping about at low engine load or idling, and avoids DPF/EGR problems that diesels suffer from if used in town.

My solution would be either use the gears or get a car with a bigger engine.

Comment

Working...
        X