Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL Service MIL !

Oh bugger, this came on this morning.
    Reversing, on full lock, coming off my drive.
    A quick Google suggests £1300 for a new Headlamp or a visit to the Auto Electrician.
    But..........
    Just £8 for a H11 blown bulb. ( Looking after my local Motor Factors).
    Very scratched fingers but better than those old 'Rat Trap Wire Locks'
    Phew! Just when I'm about to sell/p/ex my car !

Lucky escape but to be honest if you were part exchanging i doubt it would matter. When i part exchanged mine last time around they had a cursory walk round it more or less in the dark as it was a winter evening and still gave me a pretty decent price. They never even unlocked it let alone got in it. They missed one minor scratch on the rear bumper where some young casual worker at the local tip whacked it with a bag of rubble and never acknowleged it even though he knew i'd seen him and a host of SVS Soon messages relating to bust ABS sensors, an all electric drivers seat that didnt move or heat anymore and probably a couple of other issues. I'd given up on it towards the end after numerous DPF issues and was just counting down to getting it paid off so I could get rid.

Comment

That sounds very reassuring thanks.
      Whoever gets this will be lucky. I always look after my motors.
      I've been looking at some A7's Good God some dealers are asking towards 18k for absolute skips. Moss growing on the window rubber etc.
      Basic Spec. Botton BHP. 201bhp FFS my car has more than that
      Unbelievable mate.
      Looks like I'll have to travel and go to Independent Dealers.
      I'm wanting an S Line Quattro 246bhp.
      Quite worried about paying 17-18k privately with no come back.
      It's the proverbial nightmare!
      ATB Mick.

Comment

I do like the A7, pondered one in the past but wouldnt work with the dog etc who normally goes in the boot. Whilst they are a hatchback its quite a steep rake on the rear window and i doubt he'd have a lot of room.

Some of the higher spec ones look really nice and there is one near us that even as a diesel sounds pretty good.

Comment

Sounds Pompus but my Mortgage is finished and i want a Flash Nippy Motor!
          So thats what I'm going to do.
          They look incredible in my opinion
          5.5 seconds and 155 mph
          With 40 to 50 MPG
          Whats not to likke ?

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
            Oh bugger, this came on this morning.
            Reversing, on full lock, coming off my drive.
            Glad its sorted. This is usual cause for the message and first point of call is check the cornering lights, sometimes even if it is working they might be on the way out.
            The message popped up as soon as you stuck it in reverse as that lights up the cornering bulbs too.

Comment

Thanks for that.
              Appreciated mate.
              Anyway all sorted on the cheap. A very lucky escape!

Comment

Sounds fair enough to me. Used to work with a guy who had been moved about a few times with work and had relocation allowances etc so he managed to get his mortgage paid off and sorted. He wasnt so bothered about cars....once went from May to November before he had to put fuel in his car and he owned an old V reg CLK55 AMG Merc with a 5l V8 engine!! He biked or walked everywhere so he treated himself to a new £3000 carbon framed mountain bike on the bike to work scheme as well as picking up a carbon road bike frame to build from. He also upgraded his projector in his home cinema, he'd converted one half of his double garage to be one with big comfy chairs and bean bags etc, to a new 3D projector!! At one point he was probably single handidly responsible for a large chunk of Amazons profits and the postie who delivered to our office got very close to falling out with him for the amount of parcels he had to deliver!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  Sounds fair enough to me. Used to work with a guy who had been moved about a few times with work and had relocation allowances etc so he managed to get his mortgage paid off and sorted. He wasnt so bothered about cars....once went from May to November before he had to put fuel in his car and he owned an old V reg CLK55 AMG Merc with a 5l V8 engine!! He biked or walked everywhere so he treated himself to a new £3000 carbon framed mountain bike on the bike to work scheme as well as picking up a carbon road bike frame to build from. He also upgraded his projector in his home cinema, he'd converted one half of his double garage to be one with big comfy chairs and bean bags etc, to a new 3D projector!! At one point he was probably single handidly responsible for a large chunk of Amazons profits and the postie who delivered to our office got very close to falling out with him for the amount of parcels he had to deliver!!
                  Love it mate - big story
                  Sounds like a top guy.
                  Its not about trying to be a **** its about having what you want.

Comment

Working...
                  X