X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats issue

Hello all,

I’ve got a 2015 Insignia Elite and looking for advice:

The drivers seat moves by itself. I can hear a clicking noise from somewhere around the seat control memory buttons and the seat twitches, moving a small amount each time.

I’ve turned off the function where the seat moves back on exit, that hasn’t helped.

I’ve tried to find the specific fuse online, I’ll remove it if necessary- I’m the only driver so not overly concerned if I can adjust the seat or not, but it’s not obvious (to me, anyway) which fuse it is or if removal might affect other functions.

I’m not particularly technically minded, so if anyone has any practical ideas I’d be very grateful.

Hello,
    Does this happen every time you get into the car?

Comment

It was sporadic at first, the odd twitch here and there, but it’s got worse in the past month or so.

It’s pretty much every drive now

Comment

Welcome

Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 mins. It may just be one of the electrical gremlins.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Or Fizzy Pop gone sticky down in the seat memory switch. Very easy to strip and clean. Or £25 off ebay. They are in the perfect place for getting spilt on !
          I'll bet its shorting between 1 and 2 memory.
          Mine was sticky. Just bought a new one.

Comment

Is this still a problem?
            You can remove the plug from the memory module and stop the seat moving, chances are the fuse will be linked to other things.
            Only tools you will need are a T25 to remove the outer plastic, there will be one at the front and one at the rear, slide the plastic forward and you will see the harness leading to the module

Comment

Working...
            X