DTUK CRD2 and Pedal Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTUK CRD2 and Pedal Box

I've just received these in the post, after buying them second hand on ebay.

Mrs is at work and baby is in bed, so I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow bow to fit it.

I'm just interested to hear other people's experiences of the two boxes, in particular when used together.

They're supposed to be really good.

I'm interested in what you think when fitted as I'm considering them myself

Comment

Pedal Box is really good.

Comment

How do we stand with a pedal box and Vauxhall warranty?

So much I'd like to do but Vauxhall warranty until end of June, then a 2 year full motor depot warranty starts. And I know they honour nearly everything so don't want to fit anything to change that.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Matt, my understanding is that the boxes are undetectable once removed. So should you have any warranty issues, just take the box out and go see your dealer.. Once sorted, put the box back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey7574 View Post
            Matt, my understanding is that the boxes are undetectable once removed. So should you have any warranty issues, just take the box out and go see your dealer.. Once sorted, put the box back on.
            Correct
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Post some installation pics if you can, and results after fitting. Not spending money on a remap or tuning box as it's the 170 gains are minimal. But smoother and faster throttle response could be good.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I've fitted the box and my initial thoughts are unsure. I can tell it's different and better than standard but I'm not sure I can really tell the difference between each setting to find the best set up. You have 3 maps, each with 7 possible settings. That's 21 variations to try and find the best fit.

And thats before I add the pedal box which itself has 3 maps with 3 settings.

I'm going to at this a while! If anyone else has one and can advise on their findings I'd be really interested.

Comment

haven't got a tuning box,but have a pedal box,,i use sport plus,but knock it down to sport only in the wet,as it just spins the wheels
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    haven't got a tuning box,but have a pedal box,,i use sport plus,but knock it down to sport only in the wet,as it just spins the wheels
                    Got some lovely wheelspin this morning with the box set on Map 1+3, and the pedal box on sport+ +3.

My son (who is VXR obsessed) said 'this car is a beast'

Comment

Pedal box is amazing and just sharpens up the throttle. No reason why anyone would ever know it was fitted.

Best thing I ever bought for the insignia.

Comment

Working...
                      X