Random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question

So, just on the way back from Leeds, had top consumers screen on, flicked high beam on and that comes into top consumer, now how could high beam be a top consumer if the bulb is on full power constantly it’s just an eye lid that flicks up to present the whole beam, so how can it use anymore power than low beam? .....

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

I’ve a mk1 and it shows the same however I have a seperate high beam bulb. Could it be something that’s been inherited from the mk1 whereby the software hasn’t change?

Comment

I wonder if a little more power is given to the bulb when high beam is activated? Maybe more to it than just the flap moving out of the way.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I wondered this,... perhaps the power draw if from the flap, not the bulb?

Comment

I know but only a quick power draw but it’s not constant just like pressing brakes etc

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Could be onto something. The ballast does increase the wattage to 38 in rainy conditions. Maybe it does the same with the high beam.

Comment

Working...
            X