Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with my new purchase...

Hi all

Just bought a 2009 CDTI estate with around 100,000 miles on the clock. For it booked in for a cambelt change already, but on the 4 hour, 280 mile drive home I noticed it juddering under heavy load and the clutch pedal is heavy. Am I right in guessing it's likely to point to the dreaded DMF? In which case in hoping to have to try to get the dealer I bought it from to stump up for the repair... Which will be fun.

Sounds like it could be DMF, any rattles? Also, do the water pump at same time as cam belt
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      Sounds like it could be DMF, any rattles? Also, do the water pump at same time as cam belt
      No rattles, but there is a bit of a noise as the clutch engages - bit difficult to explain exactly. The fun is already in progress with trying to sort out how exactly the garage are going to cover it - they said (and this is pretty much word for word) "Wait until it gets worse, then claim on the extended RAC warranty, innit?" I just want it sorted as soon as - also thought it might be a good time to get the oil pick up seal sorted, too - since everything will be out to do the clutch/flywheel anyway.

The garage I've got it booked in with are doing the full cambelt kit and coolant replacement.

Comment

It certainly sounds like DMF problems.
        Gotta say bud, a cambelt kit & water pump, a new DMF and clutch, the new oil seal, obviously an oil and filter change too, plus labour cost to to fit everything, I hope you got the car cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
          Gotta say bud, a cambelt kit & water pump, a new DMF and clutch, the new oil seal, obviously an oil and filter change too, plus labour cost to to fit everything, I hope you got the car cheap.
          One of my previous siggys cost me 970 quid for the clutch and dmf. I need a cam belt and water pump replacement which quoted at 260. Oil change couple months ago was 60 quid. Never had the seal done. It soon adds up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
            Originally posted by richhaynes View Post
            One of my previous siggys cost me 970 quid for the clutch and dmf. I need a cam belt and water pump replacement which quoted at 260. Oil change couple months ago was 60 quid. Never had the seal done. It soon adds up!
            I got a discount for the cambelt kit to be done. However, clutch and DMF wasn't noticed until on way home (bought car sight unseen and without a test drive - first and last time I'll ever do that!) and hadn't been mentioned - so I'm going to take it up with the garage as faulty goods and get a quote for repair and follow the consumer rights act process for getting the garage to stump up for repair. Failing that, it's small claims...

Comment

Sorry for me being a wingy cazoo
              But for the seller to say wait till it gets worse then claim under the warranty.well no warranty will stump up for a DMF as they will say it's fair ware and tare and also for a 2009 car it's no go .
              That's how some dealers sell cars .they know faults are on the car and don't want to fix them so they get these warrantys cheap and pass the fault onto the warranty company to pay . But any warranty company will look at factors ( age mileage .fault ) and may or may not pay out . just hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.or as you say small claims court or the not fit for purpose (30 days ) keep records of all communication . And be polite and anything he offers get it in writing .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X