Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum; new to Vauxhall - Turbo help needed

Hi guys

As the title says, I'm new to the forum and new to owning a Vauxhall. Living just outside Southend...

Anyway, apologies if this is a post in the wrong place or if the answer to this is in a different thread but ... I've just bought a 2011 2 litre Insignia Cdti Elite. The seller advised that his garage had said the turbo had gone abs would be replacing. Towed the car back and have been spending some time here and there working on removing the turbo.

All had been going well until I've come to remove the two nuts directly undeneath the turbo, connecting it to the inlet manifold. I'm having real trouble getting any kind of secure fit on it with a socket, because of the angle at which the nuts are fastened underneath, and the clearance between the unit and fans / pipework at the front of the engine bay.

The best I can manage at the moment is coming up from underneath, using extension wobble bars to get at the right angle, but the nut isn't shifting and I'm concerned I'm about to round the nut and make things a binded times worse.

I'm hoping someone wiser and more experienced might have some hints / tips they'd be willing to share as to how they've gone about removing their own turbo.

The alternative is that I might have to call out a mechanic to recover the nuts - which I'd obviously rather not do...
Working...
X