Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine issues...HELP

Hi all im Justin.

Having a few issues with my 2011 insignia 2.0 tdci.
    Driving home the other night it started to sound rough under normal driving so took it slow however got another 10 ish miles down the road and the car cut out in gear but continued to coast.

Pulled over and tried to restart but nothing. Got it home with a tow and have been working on it today. It will try and crank but itll do half to a full rotation sounding very laboured almost like a flat battery so replaced the battery and getting the same result.

I have turned the engine over by hand and it turns ok. Tried a replacement starter to no avail (i know that was a parts cannon move but had one readily available).

Getting circuit codes for glow plugs when i put the reader on it and now getting engine coolant temp sensor code p0118.

Also maybe related to electrical issues but im also getting the service stabilItrak system error message on dash with the engine management light.

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated and maybe some enging wiring diagrams if anyone has any as im thinking its a sensor gone down but who knows.

Thankyou in advance for your help

Hi Justin, did you find the problem? I am having the same issues at the minute, I am planning on replacing the glow plugs later on, but I did notice on mine that the coolant gauge has not been sitting at the usual location for the last few weeks. I put a lot of money into it last year, so I am not willing to put too much more into it.

Comment

Sounds strange.
      Once started and warm, the car doesn't need the glow plugs to fire, compression is all that's needed.
      Does this help?
      https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...needed.706585/

What does it mean when it says service stabilitrak?
      STABILITRAK. ... StabiliTrak® automatically intervenes when it senses loss of lateral traction. Key benefits include: Helps the driver maintain control of the vehicle during certain low-traction driving conditions on loose, snowy, icy, wet or uneven road.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
        Sounds strange.
        Once started and warm, the car doesn't need the glow plugs to fire, compression is all that's needed.
        Does this help?
        https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...needed.706585/

What does it mean when it says service stabilitrak?
        STABILITRAK. ... StabiliTrak® automatically intervenes when it senses loss of lateral traction. Key benefits include: Helps the driver maintain control of the vehicle during certain low-traction driving conditions on loose, snowy, icy, wet or uneven road.
        eeekkss hopefully not the camshaft.... I was thinking the plugs or coolant temperature sensor causing trouble. I'm in the same position as the OP in your link, engine rebuild, DMF, Oil cooler and a truck crashing into it as well.

Comment

Hopefully its not spun a bearing on the crank but apparently the a20dth engines suffer with oil pump seal failure causing low oil preasure on the main bearings but not enough to bring up a fault. Going to get the codes read again but im not hopefull as when trying to tow start behind a freelander in low range it was like it weighed as much as a lorry as it was bogging the landrover down. I will update with findings...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
            Hopefully its not spun a bearing on the crank but apparently the a20dth engines suffer with oil pump seal failure causing low oil preasure on the main bearings but not enough to bring up a fault. Going to get the codes read again but im not hopefull as when trying to tow start behind a freelander in low range it was like it weighed as much as a lorry as it was bogging the landrover down. I will update with findings...
            I had the oil seal fail on mine, rebuilt engine last year, the DMF and oil pressure / level switch was replaced before Christmas and the mechanic insisted on replacing the seal again. Mine is with a mechanic now, it is starting with a big struggle and driving, Service soon and Stablis warning on dash. Time to get it running and trade it in.

Comment

Working...
            X