No announcement yet.

Sticking clutch pedal 67 plate 1.5 petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they managed to resolve the problem?

Comment

No, they had it last week and "confirmed the fault" 🙄 so have ordered a new slave cylinder. Be another three weeks before they fit that and I'm not convinced that'll work anyway.
      They seem to have fixed it going into limp mode though.

Comment

FWIW this happened to my 08/17 grandsport. 15k miles on the clock. Clutch peddle sticking halfway then popped up. Biting point went to about an inch from the floor. Eventually went completely. 3 weeks ago it went to vauxhall and was told they have replaced the clutch master cylinder. Got a call today to say they have ordered a new clutch and flywheel. Looks like I'm another victim of this issue.

Comment

Did it sort the problem?
          Booked in for two week's time to do the slave cylinder.
          Last edited by bobthewidget; 25-06-2019, 10:27 AM. Reason: Predictive text

Comment

Not sure yet. I'm told i'll be getting it back tomorrow so will let you know how it goes a few days in. Pretty disappointing tbh that a 15k mile car needs a new clutch and flywheel as well as clutch master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by digirandom View Post
              Not sure yet. I'm told i'll be getting it back tomorrow so will let you know how it goes a few days in. Pretty disappointing tbh that a 15k mile car needs a new clutch and flywheel as well as clutch master cylinder.
              Ok well had the master cylinder, clutch and flywheel changed and had the car back 2 days. So far so good.

Comment

New slave cylinder fitted and done a few hundred miles, so far so good but just had a suspect gear change, hopefully just a one off.
                Not entirely sure they actually did the master cylinder before and just did them both at the same time but I'll never know.
                Hopefully won't have to visit the dealers again until my next service.

Comment

Yeah a few hundred mile in here too. Not sure if it's related but after a week it gave a bit of a cough n splutter and threw up a an engine warning light. Few restarts later it cleared. Once I get a reader I'll let you know the code.

Comment

Yeah a few hundred mile in here too. Not sure if it's related but after a week it gave a bit of a cough n splutter and threw up a an engine warning light. Few restarts later it cleared. Once I get a reader I'll let you know the code.
                    Good luck.

Comment

These problem are an nightmare, lucky its happening under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Good luck.
                        Cheers. Done the hiccup again this morning. Pushed onstar and they have diagnosed it as something with electronic fuel control. Again I'll update when it goes to vauxhall on Monday for repair.

I used to heap praise on vauxhall reliability but I've had this car 3 months and only drove it for half of that! [emoji17]

Comment

Cheers. Done the hiccup again this morning. Pushed onstar and they have diagnosed it as something with electronic fuel control. Again I'll update when it goes to vauxhall on Monday for repair.

I used to heap praise on vauxhall reliability but I've had this car 3 months and only drove it for half of that! [emoji17]
                          That's unfortunate pal. Maybe this one is made on friday afternoon . The onstar thing sounds handy though for diagnostic.

Comment

Hahaha aye there was footy on

Yeah the onstar is handy, got the 3 months free trial. Just a shame it will cease in December 2020....by which time ill be long gone of the thing!!

So far its had a new clutch, flywheel, master cylinder & i just got a letter for a recall on the brakes!! hahah cannot make this up
                            Last edited by digirandom; 16-07-2019, 01:58 PM. Reason: reworded and fat thumbs

Comment

Hahaha aye there was footy on

Yeah the onstar is handy, got the 3 months free trial. Just a shame it will cease in December 2020....by which time ill be long gone of the thing!!

So far its had a new clutch, flywheel, master cylinder & i just got a letter for a recall on the brakes!! hahah cannot make this up
                              The car had a bad start to its life like some people .

Comment

I was hoping to keep mine for five years or so, might not keep it much longer than the warranty period, which is a shame because when it's working it's fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X