Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking clutch pedal 67 plate 1.5 petrol

Hi all, new to to the forum.

Picked up a December 2017 Insignia estate 1.5 turbo yesterday and absolutely love it! Only problem i have is sometimes the clutch pedal sticks and comes back quite slowly. It changes gear ok but think it's quite a heavy pedal too. This is the only Insignia i've driven so don't know if a heavy pedal is normal (coming from a Skoda Rapid which was very light) but the sticking certainly isn't normal.

I bought it from a dealer two hours away so can't just pop it back in.

Anyone heard of this problem before? Had a search and can't find another thread on this.

Cheers!

Hello,not sure if your pedals are the same as others but when I got mine the clutch pedal felt strange and when I looked one of the legs on the clutch pedal return spring had come out of its retaining hole---you can see it in the photo,my clutch pedal is a little bit heavier too---the wifes astra tourer is very light compared--but I've just got used to it---have a look at the photo and you can see the spring------Dave[ATTACH=CONFIG]1246Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190220_104048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	243061
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave,
      I'll have a look at the spring, it's odd because it's very intermittent.
      More annoying as it's from a main Vauxhall dealer, what with their multi point vehicle checks and all.
      Thought it was my driving style at first but there's only really one way you can use a clutch.

Comment

Does it happen after turning right or going round roundabouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy67 View Post
          Does it happen after turning right or going round roundabouts?
          Actually, the last time it happened I'd turned right. Why?

Comment

If it only happens the first time you use the clutch after going right, it may be a problem with excessive lateral movement with the crankshaft.

How many miles has it done?

A couple of links (they relate to the 1.4 Turbo, but the same for the 1.5)

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy67 View Post
              If it only happens the first time you use the clutch after going right, it may be a problem with excessive lateral movement with the crankshaft.

How many miles has it done?

A couple of links (they relate to the 1.4 Turbo, but the same for the 1.5)

https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4907
              😱😱😱
              It's done fewer than 8k miles.
              I'll take it for a test drive tonight.

Comment

Been driving it around roundabouts, only does it when I turn right and the pedal sticks. Going to call Vauxhall tomorrow.
                Seems I sold a perfectly functioning car and bought one with a massive mechanical issue. Great.

Comment

Limp home mode

Quick update -
                  Car went into limp home mode, RAC came and reset faults all relating to the crankshaft sensors. 10 miles later happened again. Limped the car home and took to Vauxhall this morning.
                  Dealer claims no fault found.
                  Clutch still the same. They're asking Vauxhall for advice.
                  Car's on just over 8k miles.

Comment

Will be interesting what vauxhall advise.

Comment

They've advised replacing the clutch master cylinder. See if that helps. Doesn't explain why it twice went into limp home mode and lit up all the camshaft sensors.
                      Had a whinge to Vauxhall UK anyway.

Comment

Has the replaced master cylinder made any difference?

Comment

It's not getting done till the end of the month! Went into limp home mode again today and they're going to replace an engine valve. I keep saying they need to investigate the crank but what do I know...
                          So far I'm very unimpressed with Vauxhall.
                          Last edited by bobthewidget; 03-05-2019, 09:59 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

Update - clutch master cylinder replaced, problem the same. Booked in for the slave doing next (after approval from Vauxhall).

Engine valve replaced but not tested if limp home mode has been fixed, only seems to do that at 74mph+ with the cruise control on.
                            Last edited by bobthewidget; 24-05-2019, 05:22 PM. Reason: Added

Comment

Hopefully it will fix the problem, but i guess they want to go through those steps first before looking at crankshaft float.

Comment

Working...
                              X