Drivers side wiper issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side wiper issue

Hi, I recently bought genuine Bosch Aerotwin Flat wipers and I noticed a problem with driver side wiper, on it's way up and clears the windscreen perfectly but on it's way down there is about 3-4cm length water left in the middle. There is no problem with passenger side wiper. I figured it might be faulty or something so I replaced wiper with new one and it's exactly the same, I took the car to a mechanic who tried applying more pressure by bending the wiper a bit as well as the wiper arm, no result. Do you have any suggestions? it's really irritating.

I have had the same issue with identical set of wipers. Passenger side was fine, but driver's side was botched. I have cleaning glass with dishsoap, polishing with compounds and just dry towel and newspaper, but no success. At the end I have returned them and bought OEM wipers. But even then, on some occasions OEMs are leaving bit of water on the way down. Really bizzare, but have managed to ignore it as time went by

Comment

Make sure the blade edge is exactly 90° to the screen. Use 2 sets of mole grips to bend the wiper arm if its not.
      Its a carry on but its the only fix.
      Get it bang on and all will be well.
      Exactly the same with my 12 plate. Same after replacement screen as well.
      Right at eye level !

Comment

Working...
      X