Voice control not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice control not working

Hi all, can anyone suggest why my voice control isn’t working. I press the button on the steering wheel and get nothing when I should get a system reply asking for a command???

All I get is the following flashing on and off on the information display and after pressing a few times it stays on, but that’s it, no voice prompts, nothing??

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Have you gone into settings and checked things. Also may sound silly, but after pushing button press volume up

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Try disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes

Comment

Can’t see anything in settings to change, gone through things several times but nothing obvious
        Also turned volume right up after pressing button but nothing again???
        Not disconnected the battery yet but a bit scared to do that in case it messes something else up.
        Strangely I can talk to Siri through system, just not the system itself!!
        Thanks for the suggestions [emoji3]

Comment

Does this screen normally pop up when the button is pressed?

Comment

Originally posted by englishdad View Post
            Does this screen normally pop up when the button is pressed?
            Yes it does

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks, I’m now getting a different issue. On the way to work this morning I pressed the voice button, the radio went silent, the screen came up as usual, nothing happened as usual but this time when I pressed the cancel voice button below, the radio didn’t come back on, it just cycled between on and silent all the way to work!!!

Should I set it back to factory, has anyone done that?

Thanks [emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by englishdad View Post
                Thanks, I’m now getting a different issue. On the way to work this morning I pressed the voice button, the radio went silent, the screen came up as usual, nothing happened as usual but this time when I pressed the cancel voice button below, the radio didn’t come back on, it just cycled between on and silent all the way to work!!!

Should I set it back to factory, has anyone done that?

Thanks [emoji120]
                You have nothing to lose except your presets and the car settings. I did mine when I got it, just defaults everything. If your wary go through settings and write each one down so you can put everything back once reset.

Comment

Thanks, I’ll give it a go [emoji3]

Comment

Ok tried factory resetting but it didn’t make a difference, there is still no ‘beep’, it’s silent and no voice command.
                    Is it safe to disconnect the battery or will everything have to be reprogrammed?
                    Thanks [emoji3]

Comment

Is your phone plugged in when you are pressing the button? On my GS Tourer if my iPhone is plugged in and i press the button it jumps to the Carplay iPhone call screen or if i press and hold it goes to Siri. With the iPhone not plugged in a press goes to the bluetooth phone screen and, although i've never done it, i would suspect a press and hold would fire up the car voice activation.

Comment

Hi
                        I’ve tried with phone connected and disconnected but still no beep and the voice logo doesn’t go red as per the user manual.

[emoji3525][emoji3525][emoji3525]

Comment

Disconnect battery. Unpair your phone to the car. Check for software updates on your phone etc

Comment

Not sure what software updates on my iPhone have anything to do with the voice control on the car??
                            [emoji3]

Comment

Not sure what software updates on my iPhone have anything to do with the voice control on the car??
                              [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                              X