Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service car soon/loss of power

Hi I'm hoping to get some help...

I have a 2011 Vauxhall insignia sri 2.0cdti.
    The car has done 116k miles.

Car has ran fine since I had it in January, however Monday (15/4/19) when I was driving, the car flagged up "service vehicle soon" and wouldn't rev up and accelerate properly. Just gave a definitive lack of power. I pulled over and turned the car off and on again and the car drove perfectly fine. I checked my oil life on the dash and it said 84%. The car drove fine since then until this morning (17/4/19) when the same thing happened again, and again when I turned it off and on again it rev'd up just fine. I have reset the oil life so it is back to 100% but I know that's not the cause of course.
    There are no other faults on the dash.

Not sure whether it is just coincidental but both times it happened i accelerated off an island and as I let my foot off the throttle to dip the clutch I heard the type of howl a turbo waste gate would make.

Hope I can get some feedback on this fault would like to sort it before the problem progresses.

The message “service vehicle soon” has nothing to do with oil life, but indicates a issue with the engine. You might have your car checked for fault codes, that might give a hint what’s wrong with it.

Comment

Oh great is that how these indicate warnings then .
      Theres no engine warning as such just that service vehicle soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bretthudson41 View Post
        Oh great is that how these indicate warnings then .
        Theres no engine warning as such just that service vehicle soon.
        Service message is saying there is a problem, usually will reset itself a few times, may be something silly, maybe major, need to get codes read. There is an engine manegment light also.

Ran my Astra for nearly 2 weeks with it flashing service vehicle, but I knew it was a coolant sensor fault and was waiting for it to go in.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Need to get the codes read to see what’s showing.
          Drop in power normally means it’s went into limp mode.

Comment

Working...
          X