First question, leather seat help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First question, leather seat help!!

Looking for a little help here, I recently grabbed a set of Elite leather seats for my father in law to fit into his ecoflex, managed to install them ok but the up/down forward/back function does not work on them.

Looking into it I understand that the seat needs an extra wiring loom installed in order to make these functions work which can be expensive from what I have read!

Now my father in law is not actually bothered about the electrics working as long as he can get the seat in the right position for him to drive and we can get the bolts in the back to secure it down!

So my question is: does anyone know of any other way the seat can be adjusted? Can the seat runners just be swapped over? How difficult would it be to swap the seat squab and rear part over?

It doesn't even need to go forward that far for us to get the bolts in or for him to be in the right position that's the annoying part!! I thought about swapping the runners over but it looks like the bolts are secured in, hoping someone might be able to advise more on this option as it seems the most logical and ideal solution.

Any idea's or suggestion would be greatly appreciated, if we can't work anything out then I may well be lumbered with the seats as they were sold on sale no return basis as they were cheap and I don't really want to replace my SRI one's as they are really comfortable.

Thanks in advance, praying that a solution can be found

Originally posted by DuffmanDY10 View Post
    Looking for a little help here, I recently grabbed a set of Elite leather seats for my father in law to fit into his ecoflex, managed to install them ok but the up/down forward/back function does not work on them.

Looking into it I understand that the seat needs an extra wiring loom installed in order to make these functions work which can be expensive from what I have read!

Now my father in law is not actually bothered about the electrics working as long as he can get the seat in the right position for him to drive and we can get the bolts in the back to secure it down!

So my question is: does anyone know of any other way the seat can be adjusted? Can the seat runners just be swapped over? How difficult would it be to swap the seat squab and rear part over?

It doesn't even need to go forward that far for us to get the bolts in or for him to be in the right position that's the annoying part!! I thought about swapping the runners over but it looks like the bolts are secured in, hoping someone might be able to advise more on this option as it seems the most logical and ideal solution.

Any idea's or suggestion would be greatly appreciated, if we can't work anything out then I may well be lumbered with the seats as they were sold on sale no return basis as they were cheap and I don't really want to replace my SRI one's as they are really comfortable.

Thanks in advance, praying that a solution can be found
    I thought you could just run a temp switched supply to set the seats, then disconnect.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

swapping the seats cushions is quite easy tbh. if u r in derby area i can aid u in doin it or if in northern ireland next week.
      MY14 Elite ST, Retrofit Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Reverse cam with dynamic lines, 20" Bi-colour alloys, Bi-turbo twin exhaust and diffuser, Retrofit 8" cluster with OPC background, Sport Leather seats with leg extension. Lowered 30mm on V-Maxx springs. vxline steering wheel. All the factory options that comes with the Elite. Full audio build, Rockford DSR1 DSP, Sundown audio x12, 4 x Pioneer TS M650 P.R.O, Alpine tweeters.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        I thought you could just run a temp switched supply to set the seats, then disconnect.
        He's not really bothered about the heated element of it, he would just like to be able to set it in the right position then he will be happy with it

Originally posted by linty92 View Post
        swapping the seats cushions is quite easy tbh. if u r in derby area i can aid u in doin it or if in northern ireland next week.
        Thanks but I'm over near the Leicester/Northamptonshire border so not even close

What does swapping the seat cushions involve? Are the backs easy enough to swap over too? I work a lot on my own cars so have some mechanical knowledge (or at least I like to think I do )

Comment

That's what I meant, temp supply to run motors and set seat once it's fitted, then disconnect.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

two torx bolts one on each side. and it just comes off. but u will have the strip the back down to remove the wiring inside it
            MY14 Elite ST, Retrofit Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Reverse cam with dynamic lines, 20" Bi-colour alloys, Bi-turbo twin exhaust and diffuser, Retrofit 8" cluster with OPC background, Sport Leather seats with leg extension. Lowered 30mm on V-Maxx springs. vxline steering wheel. All the factory options that comes with the Elite. Full audio build, Rockford DSR1 DSP, Sundown audio x12, 4 x Pioneer TS M650 P.R.O, Alpine tweeters.

Comment

That's what I meant, temp supply to run motors and set seat once it's fitted, then disconnect.
              Sorry my bad, I did think of that, any pointers? For example what to use and which 2 pins they would be?

two torx bolts one on each side. and it just comes off. but u will have the strip the back down to remove the wiring inside it
              Sounds easy enough, can I do that without removing the electric motors etc from undernieth?

Man what happened to the days when you would just replace the runners

Comment

just swap the cushions bro and undo the wiring inside f the backrest. very easy to do. i no this as i done it a few times. wish i had taken pics when i did them

Sounds easy enough, can I do that without removing the electric motors etc from undernieth?

Man what happened to the days when you would just replace the runners [/QUOTE]

Comment

just swap the cushions bro and undo the wiring inside f the backrest. very easy to do. i no this as i done it a few times. wish i had taken pics when i did them

Man what happened to the days when you would just replace the runners
                  [/QUOTE]

Cheers but looks like he's decided to take them out and swap them back now, a week I have tried to get it sorted for him and now he decides he just doesn't want them, pissed off is an understatement!!

Anyone want to buy some leather seats for £200

Comment

what the creame ones that just got listed on insignia classflieds on facebook?

Comment

what the creame ones that just got listed on insignia classflieds on facebook?
                      No these are black leather

Comment

Is there NO WAY of just swapping the seat runners over?

Comment

already told you what u have to . you're issue is not the runners as they are all the same. it will be the wiring is ur issue. just take the cushions off the bottom base and transfer to your original then remove the back rest and unplug all the electrictronic . can't make it much clearer for u . or if u fancy a drive ill knock it out fr u as a fellow insignia driver for free.

Comment

already told you what u have to . you're issue is not the runners as they are all the same. it will be the wiring is ur issue. just take the cushions off the bottom base and transfer to your original then remove the back rest and unplug all the electrictronic . can't make it much clearer for u . or if u fancy a drive ill knock it out fr u as a fellow insignia driver for free.
                            You make it sound so easy haha, I will make that suggestion to him and see what he says, probably the easiest solution but he can't make up his mind and it's doing my head in

I'm guessing the back would be stuck in one position once that had been done though?

Comment

it is easy. i did it in my uni room in no time. impact gun the backrest off, remove the wiring from ur original back rest. place the back rest on old base, install the wiring then bolt back up the backrest. bish bosh done. very very easy. you will only lose the full electric and heated seat if u use the original loom that cam with originals seats

Comment

Working...
                              X