Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

Good evening all. I’ve tried to find any information about my problem but I couldn’t.I’ve got insignia Sri 2018, 1.5 petrol. I’ve got a leak from the exhaust pipe. Any ideas. Is it possible to be a condensation. Because it’s only when I park the car for a little while. This afternoon I’ve seen a black spot on it.

Hello,more than likely condensation,the'GS' owners will be able to clarify more.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks for quick answer. Hopefully, I think to ring the dealer and ask him to arrange an appointment. Just don’t want to look silly. Looks like a water. Definitely ain’t oil, petrol, brake liquid or any like that.

Comment

faulty exhaust, needs replacing with a stainless steel straight pipe

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
          faulty exhaust, needs replacing with a stainless steel straight pipe
          Thanks for answering. I’ve just been thinking with costumer service and they said that it’s normal for new cars. But I think to see the mechanic just for peace of mind.

Comment

That’s some pictures of the exhaust. I don’t think is normal [emoji45]

Comment

Originally posted by nicko76 View Post

That’s some pictures of the exhaust. I don’t think is normal [emoji45]
              It's rotton, new required.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                It's rotton, new required.
                Thanks. But I can’t see any damages. I’ve got a car for just two weeks [emoji24].

Comment

Is that photo of the back box? The box before the last section of pipe at back of car? Photo it looks like a hole, maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Take it back to where you bought it if it's a hole!

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Is that photo of the back box? The box before the last section of pipe at back of car? Photo it looks like a hole, maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Take it back to where you bought it if it's a hole!
                    Yes it’s just before last section

Comment

Yes it’s just before last section
                      I’ll do hopefully the warranty cover it. It’s still got two and a half years

Comment

That sort of damage does not happen in just 2 weeks. It will fail mot with that. They should sort it for you.

Comment

That sort of damage does not happen in just 2 weeks. It will fail mot with that. They should sort it for you.
                          Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Morning all, I’ve just took another picture. I don’t think so it’s normal that hole like they said.

Comment

I've seen that type of hole before on the underside of a silencer. As far as I know it's a drain hole for the moisture that forms inside to escape, it's only a couple of millimetres in diameter & has been there since manufacture.

Comment

Working...
                              X