X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice road trip next week

off to hull area next week for a mon-fri holiday, nice run for the siggy
    swansea to hull about 300 miles, 6 hrs
    going m4 to bristol then m5 upwards, see how the economy stacks up once i return
    anything more than 34mpg is a definate improvement over the previous minibus i had

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
    going m4 to bristol then m5 upwards, see how the economy stacks up once i return
    anything more than 34mpg is a definate improvement over the previous minibus i had
    Our area

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
      You will most definitely get more than 34 mpg. I think you will be most surprised.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

We're off from Chesterfield to Robin Hoods Bay Good Friday til the following Friday....well most of them are stopping til the Friday but i've got to drive back from there to Derby for work on the Thursday moming!! Need to be in Derby for 8:30am so probably setting off about 5:45am!! Will be numerous trips to places nearby such as Scarborough and Whitby so will get a few miles in. My usual weekly use is getting me anything between 36 and 40 currently depending on which way i go to and from work so suspect it will be something like that again on this trip. Car isnt clean anyway but no doubt after a week of visiting beaches and places with an 18 month old and a dog it will come back in a right state!!

At least the weather looks set fair!!

Comment

What engine is it. If it's a diesel I would easily expect the MPG to be in the 50s.

My 1.6 petrol Astra did Manchester to Cornwall with 44mpg and my Passat did it in 51mpg ha.

Enjoy the drive bud.

Comment

Computer says average of 44mpg, actual working out is just over 42 mpg, but that's 90% city driving. Would expect over 50 mpg with decent runs.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
              We're off from Chesterfield to Robin Hoods Bay Good Friday til the following Friday....well most of them are stopping til the Friday but i've got to drive back from there to Derby for work on the Thursday moming!! Need to be in Derby for 8:30am so probably setting off about 5:45am!! Will be numerous trips to places nearby such as Scarborough and Whitby so will get a few miles in. My usual weekly use is getting me anything between 36 and 40 currently depending on which way i go to and from work so suspect it will be something like that again on this trip. Car isnt clean anyway but no doubt after a week of visiting beaches and places with an 18 month old and a dog it will come back in a right state!!

At least the weather looks set fair!!
              Enjoy your trip, weather set to be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                What engine is it. If it's a diesel I would easily expect the MPG to be in the 50s.

My 1.6 petrol Astra did Manchester to Cornwall with 44mpg and my Passat did it in 51mpg ha.

Enjoy the drive bud.
                Cant remember the exact mpg but when we used to drive to France in our old 160bhp diesel tourer i would normally get top side of 600 miles from a tank of fuel which was with the car fully loaded and a mix of motorway\french autoroutes and on the motorway you are in the main knocking along at 80mph. In the new one which is a 1.5T i'm now getting about 420\450 miles from a tank as its a smaller 50 litre tank plus its petrol but its still pretty decent.

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Enjoy your trip, weather set to be OK.
                Cheer, looking forward to the break. We go each year at Easter stopping in the same place taking it over with two other families and most importantly beer for the dads has been ordered from our local brewery to take with us.....think we have about 90 pints to get through between three of us!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                  Cant remember the exact mpg but when we used to drive to France in our old 160bhp diesel tourer i would normally get top side of 600 miles from a tank of fuel which was with the car fully loaded and a mix of motorway\french autoroutes and on the motorway you are in the main knocking along at 80mph. In the new one which is a 1.5T i'm now getting about 420\450 miles from a tank as its a smaller 50 litre tank plus its petrol but its still pretty decent.

Cheer, looking forward to the break. We go each year at Easter stopping in the same place taking it over with two other families and most importantly beer for the dads has been ordered from our local brewery to take with us.....think we have about 90 pints to get through between three of us!!
                  Post address me and Marko will pop over and help

Comment

Post address me and Marko will pop over and help
                    Not a chance...we dont normally struggle to do it so should be ok!! Also we'll be escaping on Easter Monday for a few beers around Scarborough which could be entertaining!!

Comment

i have the 2.0 ecoflex diesel

over the last 6 weeks its been averaging 40-50mpg round the village where i work, daily commute and the odd m/way blast

Comment

Our area
                        MattG is not actually from this area......he's actually a Yurkshu man, who emigrated to the Humberside area...…..everyone knows he's an incomer from Tight as a ducks arse land.....coz when he gets to a hill in the car, he gets out and pushes it uphill.....then free wheels back down just to save fuel

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          MattG is not actually from this area......he's actually a Yurkshu man, who emigrated to the Humberside area...…..everyone knows he's an incomer from Tight as a ducks arse land.....coz when he gets to a hill in the car, he gets out and pushes it uphill.....then free wheels back down just to save fuel
                          Actually wait for stop start to kick in, then coast down under 4mph

Comment

Actually wait for stop start to kick in, then coast down under 4mph

does your work?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

does your work?
                              Yeah it's not Scottish

Comment

Working...
                              X