Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Boxes in general

Posted here as I class as electronic .

Well done loads of reading on the subject as thinking about getting one. Cannot get used to the delay on the Insignia etc.
    So concluded all the pedal box does is trick the engine into thinking the pedal has been pressed harder. Eg. 10% throttle becomes 25% throttle, so hence car responds harder.
    Now I understand some people think why bother, just floor it harder, save on a pedal box. But it's like cruise control, if you accelerate using cruise its quicker and smoother than the accelerator.
    My main question is this, if the pedal box changes how the car responds, and we know they do, it means the car is being driven with basically a heavier right foot and in general at higher rpm than without a pedal box.
    So for the people who have a pedal box, how much mpg did you lose? How much faster are you actually driving? And how extra wear and tear is happening?

I'm no mechanic, but a pedal box does not increase bhp or anything else to reduce lag, and we all know the only ways to make an engine faster is more fuel and / or more air. And even then the electronics of the car would readjust, hence remapping and tuning chips etc.

So I would genuinely like to know how much they have improved your car / drive. I don't doubt for one minute you can't feel the difference, but is it just they are quicker than your foot or am I missing something else?

And yes I'm still thinking about getting one .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Well I have got one fitted.
    Not noticed any loss in mpg. It all depends on what setting you have it as to how you drive.
    If you have on the basic setting then it will improve on the delay.
    If you put it on the highest setting, then the car will be like an animal. Do not use this setting when the roads are wet.
    There are other settings in between to increase the responsiveness. You can get the car on full throttle by pressing the accelerator about 25%. I don’t ever use this setting, tried it once and it was like **** off a shovel.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Well I have got one fitted.
      Not noticed any loss in mpg. It all depends on what setting you have it as to how you drive.
      If you have on the basic setting then it will improve on the delay.
      If you put it on the highest setting, then the car will be like an animal. Do not use this setting when the roads are wet.
      There are other settings in between to increase the responsiveness. You can get the car on full throttle by pressing the accelerator about 25%. I don’t ever use this setting, tried it once and it was like **** off a shovel.
      So you could get same result from just using more revs?
      Or do you find your more gentle on the accelorator .

What bothers me is my car is already a ******* between 1st and second. If floor it in 1st, revs so fast when I change to 2nd the car stops pulling and stutters, it's like the revs in 1st are too high for second gear so they drop right off and start from scratch if you know what I mean.
      Only way is change to 2nd really early. Hoping somehow pedal box will smooth this out.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Brilliant they are,,when mine is turned off now,,you'd think someone had pinched one of me turbos
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Brilliant they are,,when mine is turned off now,,you'd think someone had pinched one of me turbos
          Lol, not read anywhere that people don't like them.
          What make is yours? There is a make you can get for £175, I know the diesel tuners is a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by mattg View Post
            , not read anywhere that people don't like them.
            What make is yours? There is a make you can get for £175, i know the diesel tuners is a lot more.
            dtuk..
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              dtuk..
              Yeah thought so. My chip in the Pug 406 was dtuk, expensive but good

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                So you could get same result from just using more revs?
                Or do you find your more gentle on the accelorator .

What bothers me is my car is already a ******* between 1st and second. If floor it in 1st, revs so fast when I change to 2nd the car stops pulling and stutters, it's like the revs in 1st are too high for second gear so they drop right off and start from scratch if you know what I mean.
                Only way is change to 2nd really early. Hoping somehow pedal box will smooth this out.
                When you touch the accelerator, it responds straight away. Eliminating the delay from the pedal.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

You just need to get one NOW.

Comment

It seems like a remap of sorts. Expect its tricking the engine into thinking the pedal has being pressed harder than it actually is.

I guess it can removed eaiser than a map but I've heard that dealers can see if a map / tuning chip has been used in the past.

Prior to remap I found the throttle response to be ok a best. The remap improved it massively

Comment

Well dtuk have a sale on, 10% discount. £229.99 for pedal box with Bluetooth to control via phone.
                      Racechip is £189 +30 for Bluetooth.

Racechip has extra settings, but do people really need a race setting let alone two .

So right now standard pedal box costing either £189 or £180 (dtuk).

Thinking time needed .

Comment

Go on you know you want to!
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                          Go on you know you want to!
                          I do yes, but will I survive getting it, what can I say it is, how cheap would it be, questions questions questions . Do I really need one? Lol

Comment

Where's exclusiv when you need help with excuses, stories and general fob off ideas

Comment

,he'll be on the forum i'm sure to guide you!!!
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X