No announcement yet.

28 MPG in Insignia B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '13 pre-facelift 2.0 CDTi returned around 43mpg over the 55k miles I had it (16k per year, mixture of motorway, commuting and poddling about). Just done my first 1k miles in my year old 1.5t GS that I got last month with 1.7k on the clock, and it's showing 29.9mpg - that's with a round trip to Wales (200 miles), and the rest fairly short journeys. Hoping I'll get low 30s once it's loosened up.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      My '13 pre-facelift 2.0 CDTi returned around 43mpg over the 55k miles I had it (16k per year, mixture of motorway, commuting and poddling about). Just done my first 1k miles in my year old 1.5t GS that I got last month with 1.7k on the clock, and it's showing 29.9mpg - that's with a round trip to Wales (200 miles), and the rest fairly short journeys. Hoping I'll get low 30s once it's loosened up.
      wow that is low!! I though my 2.0 CDTI 170 GS was bad at 46mpg!!

Comment

I'm on 33k and I average 40mpg through a mix of motorway and town driving. Like the OP I was pretty taken aback by how poor the MPG is - I've just switched from a 2.0D ecoflex engine so this has been a ride awakening for me.

Comment

Update on my 1.5t petrol mpg - after 8 months and 5,500 miles, my average mpg is 31.5, which includes several long runs to Southampton and North Wales. I consider myself lucky if the full-to-full mpg is 30 or more.
          C'est la vie
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
            I've got the Insignia A - 2.0 CDTi, I only work 3 miles from home and we use my Wife's car on a weekend, so my car never really warms up thoroughly.
            I also drive like Miss Daisy, currently showing 28 MPG.
            I've only done 2600 miles in the last 3 years .
            Wow, I've done the same in the last 5 months!
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Lets not jump to conclusion here. The new insignia gs could be more heavy drinker than the predecessor, but i remember having my vectra c 1.9 cdti 150bhp, no matter how you drive it you could always achieve 50mpg+. And then looking at the Insignia preface diesel for an upgrade, people have said how appalling the fuel consumption is achieving 44mpg drive it normally. People soon got over this or has upgraded to the facelift which the consumption has improved much better. This could be the same with the GS. You have to wait for the facelift .

Comment

On the plus note in my Mazda6 2.0 Petrol driving it nicely on the brand new engine i can easily achieve 43mpg

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  On the plus note in my Mazda6 2.0 Petrol driving it nicely on the brand new engine i can easily achieve 43mpg
                  Well f**king good for you!
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                    Yeah but on the downside... It looks like a Mazda haha
                    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I think this all has something to do with the emissions scandal and the change to WTMP (whatever). I think the old figures are what the manufacturers wanted you to believe to back up their marketing. Audi claim their deisel V6s will do more mpg than any Insignia whilst producing near 300bhp. Im sure they claim an RS6 will top 40mpg. Like s**te, It does not add up.

I had a vec b 2.6 v6 petrol that struggled to get 30mpg whilst producing 170bhp. This deisel producing the same bhp and more torque won't drop below 36mpg. Now I think that's about realistic, not pie in the sky like some would have you believe. The scandal still rumbles on but there are still manufactures claiming wild mpg figures that will not be acheived.

I'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        I think this all has something to do with the emissions scandal and the change to WTMP (whatever). I think the old figures are what the manufacturers wanted you to believe to back up their marketing. Audi claim their deisel V6s will do more mpg than any Insignia whilst producing near 300bhp. Im sure they claim an RS6 will top 40mpg. Like s**te, It does not add up.

I had a vec b 2.6 v6 petrol that struggled to get 30mpg whilst producing 170bhp. This deisel producing the same bhp and more torque won't drop below 36mpg. Now I think that's about realistic, not pie in the sky like some would have you believe. The scandal still rumbles on but there are still manufactures claiming wild mpg figures that will not be acheived.

I'm not going to worry about it.
                        I had a 1.6 petrol no turbo piece of crap that averaged 25mpg, now I get 44mpg driving how I like with 210bhp. 44 feels great to me!

Comment

It's all just numbers! It's like statistics, for example, did you know that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Just get out and drive!

Comment

Now now Pete no need to get super jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                              Yeah but on the downside... It looks like a Mazda haha
                              Oh ha ha

Comment

Just for reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X