X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few issues

I've recently bought a 2.0 cdti 160bhp 2011
    105k miles

I've had the car about 2 weeks and noticed a few issues which I'm not sure are normal for an insignia or the cause for concern.
    I've noticed that the clutch pedal has a kind of clunk towards the top of the travel on its release. The gearbox seems quite stiff compared to other cars.
    The clutch pedal also creaks now and then.

The previous owner told me that when we had the snow last year he hit something and it blew a hole in the tyre. Well I've noticed that the steering wheel isn't aligned properly and when I travel at higher speeds I can feel a kind of vibration through the steering wheel and I here a knock when going over small potholes and bumps. Also the suspension creaks when going over a speed bump at a higher speed.

I don't know whether I'm just paranoid but these bits and pieces don't seem right.

Could there be underlying damage from where he's hit something and if so what could be the likely cause to create the above symptoms.

And is it normal for the gearbox to be stiff and the pedal to click/clunk and creak.

Your help would be much appreciated.

I also notice that if I try and travel at around 20mph in third gear it's as though it struggles and about to stall.

Thankyou.

Hi firstly welcome.

The clicking in the pedal at the top is a common issue. I myself had this issue and even had the pedal box replaced. The issue came back after a few thousand miles. Some white greese on the springs helps with this. The grease would also help with the creaking.

The wheel being misaligned sounds like you should go get your alligment checked by a mechanic. If it's something unturwards they will find the issue with this.

Gearbox being stiff maybe get the oil changed in it. There are some issues with the gear boxes in the insignias but Im probably not the correct person to ask.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Is the creaky clicking clutch pedal something to worry about ? Will it stop functioning at any point ?

I'm also noticing that when I'm travelling for around 40 minutes on the motorway and then come to a junction and have to slow down I take it out of 6th and try to go into 3rd but find it almost impossible to do first time.
      What could be the issue here please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_sky View Post
        Thanks for the reply.
        Is the creaky clicking clutch pedal something to worry about ? Will it stop functioning at any point ?

I'm also noticing that when I'm travelling for around 40 minutes on the motorway and then come to a junction and have to slow down I take it out of 6th and try to go into 3rd but find it almost impossible to do first time.
        What could be the issue here please ?
        I wouldnt worry about the clutch pedal. Its all to do with the pedal and not the clutch. I would get some white greese and spray each of the clutch springs on the pedal itself. That should remedy that for a short while.

There's a synchromesh with the gears (try shifting up and you will see the revs drop down to what the revs will be in the next gear) it could be potentially that? Though without it being looked at its a shot in the dark I would get it booked into a garage and get the oil swapped over with the gear box. With that they will notice straight away if there are any issues. Could just be the oil.

Comment

Working...
        X