Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR + Oil in Inlet manifold

Hi guys,

Yesterday I went to clean my EGR valve but stumbled upon 2 issues.

- I rounded the bolts of the EGR Therefore I was not able to take it off/clean it and it seems impossible for me to take it off now. Do you happen to have an idea how to remove the bolts now?
    - My bigger concern is that I was able to take off the EGR pipe and the throttle body from the Inlet to clean them. It seems that the inlet was full of oil. The TTB itself and the air feed pipe were not that dirty, so I'm not really sure where did the oil come from. The EGR pipe itself was full of oil/gunk and the Inlet was especially dirty where that pipe is attaching to it.

Is this a call for concern and what are the possible causes for it, as I'm worried about my new purchase...

P.S. Do the A20DTH motor have a crankcase breather valve? If yes - where is it an can it be cleaned?

If it's a mist of oil then nothing to worry about , I get that in mine , it's only if there is a complete oil slick , then you have to start looking at possible turbo failure ,
    But don't be alarmed
    Just clean it out and refit and monitor.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi!

Well, it's a mist only until the TTB, then in the inlet manifold is a complete mess from oil + dirt. I guess this is because of the EGR itself.

Something else that I noticed yesterday - drove the car about 150 km. at 100 km/h with a few kick-downs and the chrome tip of the exhaust was all black! It's not oily though - just black ash. Is this normal as I never drove a diesel car with chrome exhaust tip (most of the diesels I drove had metal exhausts pointing downward).

Comment

Hasn’t your car the DPF removed? Then the dust normally catches by the filter is blown through the exhaust unfiltered, causing it to turn black.

Comment

DPF has been removed, yes. It's my first car with (or without) DPF actually, so sorry for the dumb question. Still, I'll drop it tomorrow at my local Opel dealer to get it serviced, so I'll update you once I get it from there.

Comment

My diesel Saab has chrome tips and yes they get sooted up .but mines pre dpf . days I just polish them up and alls good for a while .then it's out with the " braso" again .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
            X