X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help !!!!

Hello all,

New to the site so firstly hi 😁!!

I’ve had my insignia for 3 years now and love the car, I’ve had no issues until recently. The car started showing a service vehicle soon on the panel and every now and then the car would loose power for a second then be fine, last week though I completely lost power and went into limp mode. I’ve read all about this issue and everything pointed to the big black turbo pipe. I spent an hour removing the pipe and sure enough it had a big split in it, yay I though problem solved new pipe in and ready to go 😁👍, unfortunately not !! It has made no difference and the car is still in limp mode, to add to it the particulate filter filled up (want before) and I daren't drive the car. If anyone can give me an idea of what the problem could be I’d really really really appreciate it !!!

have you had fault codes read/cleared ? also it may need a forced regen
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, diagnostic was clear no faults, I put dpf cleaner through but that is all, do you think this could be the problem? Is a forced regen something that I can do myself?

Comment

forced regen is where its hooked upto diagnostics,and it controls the regen process,have you tried half hour down the motorway ,keeping revs above 2000rpm
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

What sort of code reader do you have? I find on the forum I work on that not all code readers can read or trace a fault code . secondly check your oil level if it's above maximum and there is a smell of diesel then it's failed regeneration .if that's the case then change the oil and filter toot sweet before performing a forced regeneration. Also make sure your egr valve is clean .to try and perform a forced regeneration .find a clear straight road .and keep revs above 2500 there's no need to drive it like it's stolen . just keep using lower gears .it can take some time ( I knew someone that it took 1.5 hours) .
          Another way to clear the code could be to disconnect the battery for half an hour.
          In that time you could whip the egr off ,there is a cleaning process that's good for diesel cars that I use that includes inlet manifold.maf and map sensors egr valve . takes about a couple of hours and I use oven cleaner but that's another story . sorry for waffling on .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Fantastic!! Lol and waffling on is absolutely fine with me it’s giving me the information I need to know 😁👍!! , ok I’ll give the above a go and see what happens, if it works massive thanks in advance !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X