No announcement yet.

Rear windows insignia just stopped working yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah had another go at it today. Checked all fuses .fuse box in boot has no fuse in #7 . checked all connections in rear doors and tested them for power .turns out there is power in loom coming up from floor as I tested it but yet switch on doors not working or switch on driver's door not working for rear windows only .the switches for the two front windows work fine.

Comment

Could it possibly be a relay?

Just found this to

Comment

Cheers for that. So looks like a lin bus line fault . In both doors .I did disconnect that connection from the floor up into the door , but maybe like in that video there is a break in that green lin wire some where back to the terminal at the front door pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by Gubbo View Post
          Cheers for that. So looks like a lin bus line fault . In both doors .I did disconnect that connection from the floor up into the door , but maybe like in that video there is a break in that green lin wire some where back to the terminal at the front door pillar.
          I had just the same thing with a astra [brake in wire somewhere] vauxhall garage said wires are to tight in back doors and it happens with doors being opened and shut they said could be a costly time consuming job so I put up with it for two years and changed car for insignia, the laugh about it is the same vauxhall garage service all the police vauxhalls and they said to me just think of it as a police car. They did work from the front switch though that must be why they came up with the police quip.

Comment

Not good news to hear if you own a Vauxhall. Cheers anyway dustyone

Comment

Not good news to hear if you own a Vauxhall. Cheers anyway dustyone
              Ive just added to last post they did work from front switch.

Comment

Yeah mine are not working at all. From driver's door or separately from their own switch on back doors.

Comment

I would be rechecking the wiring for any breaks in it---it will be difficult to do and find the fault but its worth another look-----Dave

Comment

Yep I guess that's the way will take a bit of time to root through them all. Cheers

Comment

Yep I guess that's the way will take a bit of time to root through them all. Cheers
                      The vauxhall garage said they usually break in back doors where it opens and shuts as they are tight that's where I would start, I was lucky as I could use front switch if anybody in back said they wanted them open.

Comment

Rear windows fault

I had the same problem on my sri, just fixed it! Water has got into passenger footwell. If you pull of front plastic trim next to passenger seat then on wiring harness there is some cloth tape, mine had green on it. Pull that off and you will find 3 wires taped together using the same cloth tape, (also showing copper corrosion on) open up and cut wires strip them back and reconnect them. Back windows will work again! All I need to do now is find where the waters getting in. Hope this helps.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul78 View Post
                          I had the same problem on my sri, just fixed it! Water has got into passenger footwell. If you pull of front plastic trim next to passenger seat then on wiring harness there is some cloth tape, mine had green on it. Pull that off and you will find 3 wires taped together using the same cloth tape, (also showing copper corrosion on) open up and cut wires strip them back and reconnect them. Back windows will work again! All I need to do now is find where the waters getting in. Hope this helps.

Paul.
                          Post is over a year old.

we always like when new members join our forum.
                          would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X