Rear windows insignia just stopped working yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear windows insignia just stopped working yesterday

Hi all new to the forum here ,just looking for some advice on where to look for fault in rear windows both stopped working at the same time but yet front windows are working no prob. Any ideas greatly appreciated .it's a Vauxhall insignia year 2011

The rear doors may have water ingress,,check all 4 doors,and remove the rubber bungs at the bottom of the doors,and bin them
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for that exclusiv took all the bungs out they seem dry though . noticed a lot of water in the passenger foot well when I pulled all the carpet back I wonder if this made it's way into the loom running along the side and shorted out the windows .is this possible ?. Without shorting out anything else in that loom

Comment

So the rear windows don't work off either of the switches,,their own switch,or the drivers door switch ? if no I would check the drivers door main switch,,remove door card and check theyre all securely plugged in
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You might want to check the wiring where it go's from the door into the car---the wiring tends to break-up with constant opening and closing of the doors---this was a common problem with the Vectra's-so could be the same with the Insignia's-also the switches were taken out and the contacts in the switches cleaned------Dave

Comment

If you hold down the unlock button do all 4 windows go down?

Comment

Hi all thanks for replys . Checked the wiring where it goes into the door, seems fine no wear that I can see unplugged the connection and had a good look at it. When the unlock button on the key fob is pressed only the two front windows go down. I'm ruling out a window motor problem ad the two would hardly go on the blink at the same time. I'm looking now at the water that's accumulated bin the passenger foot well as the likely cause but again not sure where this is coming in from as it's clear and doesn't smell

Comment

Only other thing haven't checked is the main switch on driver's door . Will have a look at that tommorow. Cheers all

Comment

You could try fuse 21 in the engine bay fuse box.

Comment

Hi Lewis .yes tried that swopped out fuse 21 with 24 in fuse box ,still no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gubbo View Post
                      Hi Lewis .yes tried that swopped out fuse 21 with 24 in fuse box ,still no dice.
                      In the rear fuse box you have fuse 7. Otherwise I'm stumped

Comment

Fuse 7 in rear box .I'll give that a go and see what happens

Comment

Just thought but could be totally wrong, are the rear windows locked out when in "child lock mode"

Comment

Hi ilunn . Both rear windows are not working at all even with child lock disengaged on driver's door

Comment

Originally posted by Gubbo View Post
                              Fuse 7 in rear box .I'll give that a go and see what happens
                              Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                              X