Engine swop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swop

Hi my perfect bunch currently got a bust 160 eco flex 60 plate needs a new engine iv had 1 sent out to me but it’s not a eco flex one and it doesn’t have pressure sensor glow plugs like my bust engine does any 1 still know if it’s a straight swop

How come nobody coments or helps when your new to posting 😩 had my siggey 4 years now and done random acts of kindness with my op-com when iv seen siggeys broken down sometimes you’ve just gotta roll the dice.

Comment

Can't help with your question, sorry, however being a sunny Easter holiday weekend, there's a fair chance folk are busy doing other family type stuff and not sitting stuck to a forum all day.

Give folk a chance, I'm sure they'll help if and when they can.

Comment

plus along with what was said above,not everyone who owns an insignia has performed an engine swap,so answers will be slow to come ,if at all
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Engine swop

Compare the 2 together I suspect you’ll have to swap over the glow plugs and associated wiring connections etc from one to the other.
          The engine will be the same but maybe subtle differences between the 2 variants need to compare and see.

Remember to come back and let us all know as it may help others who have to do the same.

I guess oil seal failure is the reason for change?

Comment

I’d guess that the ecu would have to be reprogrammed cause it would probably keep going into limp mode due to the wrong glow plugs. Wether or not you can fit the engine and change the plugs is another question

Comment

Had engine swapped on my 11 plate 2.0 1.60

Garage said they had to swap old loom over. Not sure on year of the engine tho it came from, but only 49k on it so probably is from a newer revised spec engine.

Comment

Hi could anybody help.

Engine seized on 11 plate 2.0 160 cdti i have replaced with the same engine from an 09 plate.

Everything seems to be in place have fired it up sounds sweet just cant get it to crank on the key any ideas?

Comment

Might help you if you start a new thread---people tend to help out better if you do-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Might help you if you start a new thread---people tend to help out better if you do-----Dave
                    Have done now cheers Dave

Comment

I think we are getting some clues now as to the history on the above .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                      X