Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a 2016 Insignia Elite Estate reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 14 plate Elite tourer 2.0 diesel with 60k miles. Only issue has been a noisy water pump (just changed but was still working) and a clicking clutch pedal (just living with it). As you are looking at the 1.6 it will be a different design. No other issues, all electrics working OK including seat and electric handbrake. The wife and I have different leg lengths and have each key programmed for our own position, so is in the right position when you unlock the car. My wife also likes the function to move the seat fully back when you take the key out. So the drivers seat moves nearly all the way back and forward every time she drives it, no issues after all this time. I would definitely recommend the Insignia Elite after our experience.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
      I have a 14 plate Elite tourer 2.0 diesel with 60k miles. Only issue has been a noisy water pump (just changed but was still working) and a clicking clutch pedal (just living with it). As you are looking at the 1.6 it will be a different design. No other issues, all electrics working OK including seat and electric handbrake. The wife and I have different leg lengths and have each key programmed for our own position, so is in the right position when you unlock the car. My wife also likes the function to move the seat fully back when you take the key out. So the drivers seat moves nearly all the way back and forward every time she drives it, no issues after all this time. I would definitely recommend the Insignia Elite after our experience.

Andy
      Thanks Andy. I’m aware of the Elite memory seats, but didn’t know about the key programming - sounds great! Do you know if all the Insignia Elites be set up like that?

Comment

I should add that the car I’m looking at is an ex-lease Motorbility vehicle, bought in from the lease co./charity by a Vauxhall main agent with a 12 month Vauxhall warranty. It’s 3 years old at 23,000 miles with fsh. Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
          Thanks Andy. I’m aware of the Elite memory seats, but didn’t know about the key programming - sounds great! Do you know if all the Insignia Elites be set up like that?
          As far as I am aware you can. From memory I think you select the option for the personal setting for each key in the set-up menu on the infotaiment system. You can store a seat position and mirror position for each key. Saves a lot of hassle setting the seat up each time when the other has been in the car before. We just keep a key each and works fine.

Comment

I should add that the car I’m looking at is an ex-lease Motorbility vehicle, bought in from the lease co./charity by a Vauxhall main agent with a 12 month Vauxhall warranty. It’s 3 years old at 23,000 miles with fsh. Should I be worried?
            With motability cars you will find that dealers will do any and all work on them as they make money in doing so. The other trick they have is to do all the necessary work before the car comes back so they are not paying for it when it comes time to be handed back and sold.

The other thing I would say is to haggle like crazy, as when the dealer buys the car back it will be at a very low percentage of the orignal trade price as set by motability.

Eg a £26,000 car retail might have a book price of £12,000 set by motability, the dealer might only pay motability say 25% of the set price so that car would have only cost the £3,000.

Don't quote me on exact costing and percentages as they all differ, but they will help you to haggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
              As far as I am aware you can. From memory I think you select the option for the personal setting for each key in the set-up menu on the infotaiment system. You can store a seat position and mirror position for each key. Saves a lot of hassle setting the seat up each time when the other has been in the car before. We just keep a key each and works fine.
              Think it even goes as far as changing the presets on the stereo and things like that as well based on the key as well as the seat etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickmagic View Post
                With motability cars you will find that dealers will do any and all work on them as they make money in doing so. The other trick they have is to do all the necessary work before the car comes back so they are not paying for it when it comes time to be handed back and sold.
                The Vauxhall dealer selling it is not the same dealer who serviced it during the lease, so do you think the above would still apply?
                The dealer told me he had already reduced the recommended motorbility retail price by a £1000, 🤔 but I will still be haggling!

Comment

The Vauxhall dealer selling it is not the same dealer who serviced it during the lease, so do you think the above would still apply?
                  The dealer told me he had already reduced the recommended motorbility retail price by a £1000, [emoji848] but I will still be haggling!
                  So if the motability customer had trouble with the original garage or moved out of their area they would be passed over to the local dealer for them to look after. They would still buy the car back with the same discount.

Motability do not set the selling price of a second hand car. That is down the dealer.

Comment

As above, anything that needed doing will have been done. But do check for remains of any mods made to the car. Like all second hand cars there is a risk, don't dwell on it, if it sounds or looks to good to be true then run, if you have any doubts run, personally I go on gut feeling from the test drive, also I never go where they say .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just an update - we went to see the car at the Vauxhall dealers, who had just bought it in from Motorbility, but it was in poor condition. It was supposed to be an A grade, but more like a C grade, with scratches patched up by the owner and a damaged wing mirror and tyre. The mileage was lower than expected and it was obvious the Motorbility dealer hadn’t inspected it, or should have gone to specsavers....

The Vauxhall dealer has sent it back, so I’m waiting to see what else might be available, but also now considering an Astra Estate as they are nearly as spacious as my Vectra Estate.

The Insignia Elite Electrics were all very cool, but I was worried about visibility thro the rear tinted window - I couldn’t see much, so concerned about safety?

Comment

Rear visibility was never an issue with either my old elite or the new Sri one both of which had/have privacy glass in the rear.

Comment

I moved from Astra Sport Tourer with loads of rear visibility, was concerned with Insignia small rear window etc. Yes it's small, an issue no. Rear view mirror, door mirrors and sensors I have less issues than the Astra.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Here’s out of mine with privacy glass

No comments about the sticker exclusiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                              Here’s out of mine with privacy glass

No comments about the sticker exclusiv.
                              Sticker isn't worth any comments!

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                                Sticker isn't worth any comments!
                                Blue Peter comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X