Esp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp

Had a message pop up on the screen today saying "service ESP" and then the engine managment light flashed for a few seconds then went off..

what do I need to do :S
    2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Read the code

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
      Read the code
      Will I need a code reader??
      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Some insignias I believe can access a hidden menu (google it) and some basic ones can’t (like mine)
        It’s worth buying a reasonable diagnostic reader for future use. Purchase it once and it’s paid for.
        Just read reviews on how much data it will give, not just codes. One with live data access is best.
        Full diagnostic software is best obviously, opcom for vx. Guy on another site does it for £75 but check what you need as some eBay copies ain’t that good (koicarpkeeper)

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
          Some insignias I believe can access a hidden menu (google it) and some basic ones can’t (like mine)
          It’s worth buying a reasonable diagnostic reader for future use. Purchase it once and it’s paid for.
          Just read reviews on how much data it will give, not just codes. One with live data access is best.
          Full diagnostic software is best obviously, opcom for vx. Guy on another site does it for £75 but check what you need as some eBay copies ain’t that good (koicarpkeeper)
          Brill nice one mate
          2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

More than likely a front ABS sensor fail,but check codes first.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
              More than likely a front ABS sensor fail,but check codes first.
              Is this an expensive repair??
              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Not really,the two front ABS sensor wires take a lot of 'stick' with all the turning the car does,over time a wire breaks inside the cable,easy to change takes longer to jack up and remove the wheels,plug and play,ebay or a good motor factor will have them.prices vary though.hth.
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Not really,the two front ABS sensor wires take a lot of 'stick' with all the turning the car does,over time a wire breaks inside the cable,easy to change takes longer to jack up and remove the wheels,plug and play,ebay or a good motor factor will have them.prices vary though.hth.
                  I’ll do some research.. I’ve got a Haynes manual so should be able to fix myself (fingers crossed)
                  2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Really easy to do,they have new clips on them to secure to suspension wishbones,make sure you use axle stands,don't take the chance just with a jack!!
                    Try Eurocarparts for a price may have a discount code going.

Comment

Really easy to do,they have new clips on them to secure to suspension wishbones,make sure you use axle stands,don't take the chance just with a jack!!
                      Cheers mate, I’ve got the axle stands.. [emoji106] will get under the car and have a look
                      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Is this what I need.. assuming I should do both sides at the same time..

2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by rpanchal View Post
                            Is this what I need.. assuming I should do both sides at the same time..

Is it still showing the SVS message? I had this happen once about a year ago, didn't change anything and have not seen it again since.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                              Is it still showing the SVS message? I had this happen once about a year ago, didn't change anything and have not seen it again since.
                              Yeah pops up on startup and then randomly.. Service ESP with a picture of a spanner then the engine management light comes on and flashes, at the same time car appears to judder while the lights flashing then it stops.. I may as well change both sensors whilst I’m at it.
                              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Working...
                              X