Sports tourer power boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports tourer power boot

Hope someone can help, I went out to my car yesterday and found the powered boot on my sports tourer will not open. Have tried door switch, key fob and switch on boot lid but will not open, but when trying to open when sitting in drivers seat you can hear some clicking noise coming from boot. Off on hols in a week so really need the boot...

You’ll need to pop the boot manually. Fold the back seats down and climb into the boot. Where the lock is at the bottom there will be a rubber grommet just to the right. Pop this off wit a flat screwdriver and inside there there is a tiny little lever that you need to move up or down with the screwdriver. It can be a little difficult to locate at first. I found a torch shining in the hole was a good help to see it.
    As to why it’s not opening it could be the tailgate ecu which is located in the cubby hole on the right hand side of the boot. Its a black box with 3 connectors in it. It could be that water has got into it as this was the case of mine.

Comment

Thanks Ian, will have a look at weekend

Comment

Where do you live? Only ask cause if your local I don’t mind having a look for you

Comment

Thanks mate but I think a bit far from you I am based in Cumbria

Comment

Heres what your looking for

Catch inside

Tailgate ecu
            Last edited by Plym Ian; 25-04-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Well got into boot today and found ecu soaked. Removed from car dried and wrapped in cling film and now working again. Thanks ian

Comment

Originally posted by Rickit View Post
                Well got into boot today and found ecu soaked. Removed from car dried and wrapped in cling film and now working again. Thanks ian
                No problem. You’ll need to seal up the bung on the right hand side on the outside under the plastic trim or it will keep on leaking. Also youll find that the motor housing has foam inside and that will be full of water to

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                  No problem. You’ll need to seal up the bung on the right hand side on the outside under the plastic trim or it will keep on leaking. Also youll find that the motor housing has foam inside and that will be full of water to
                  The bung your talking about is this where your plastic bag is in your picture?

Comment

The bung your talking about is this where your plastic bag is in your picture?
                    No its on the outside of the boot under a plastic trim, where the yellow circle is

Comment

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                        No its on the outside of the boot under a plastic trim, where the yellow circle is

What did you use to bung the hole up? Sealant

Comment

What did you use to bung the hole up? Sealant
                          Yeah just like a waterproof mastic. Take the bung out and clean up round the hole then put the mastic all round the edge of the hole and bung then put it back in. I did the same for the other side to

Comment

Working...
                          X