No announcement yet.

Furious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how is that possible and is it legal?

Since when we have to pay for something we haven't done.

Stupid laws.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
      So how is that possible and is it legal?

Since when we have to pay for something we haven't done.

Stupid laws.
      All in the wording. They not bothered who,s fault, just the fact something happened and you considered claiming. My right off gets removed in a few months, and the non claim still a couple of years .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Unfortunately your insurance premium is driven by your risk. The insurance industry works on the fact that if you have had a no fault accident you are more likely to make a claim in future. You may think this bizarre but the statistics make the link. For example, I'm sure it is not the case with you, but some accidents, although not a person's fault, could possibly have been avoided if the innocent party was more attentive or driving slower (e.g driving more defensively). Thus those drivers who have a no fault claim are on average higher risk in the event of another driver doing something stupid.

Comment

Oh shite....there's always someone around to mess up your day. 3 of my last 4 bumps have been women drivers. And they're supposed to be the lower risk. Luckily all but 1 of those have been sorted without going through insurance but even those are supposed to be declared to your insurance company so they can sting you for more cash.

Hope it gets fixed quick for you.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Oh shite....there's always someone around to mess up your day. 3 of my last 4 bumps have been women drivers.
            Hope it gets fixed quick for you.

They only ever see accidents in the rear view mirror, whilst doing their make up!

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Hope it's sorted quickly. Your policy will go up, mine did a few years ago. They even put it up for a claim that I cancelled and to this day I can't get it removed.
              Exact same thing. Had some bad hailstone last year in york, rang insurance to see what the process would be as bodywork damaged, then because he said it would affect my premium next year I said no I’ll pay for it myself then, then next renewal came through found it cheaper, so changed insurance then got a letter saying I had not declared a claim! Turns out he’s opened a claim case while on phone then cancelled it when I said I wasn’t doing it. So that’s stuck on there too. FML [emoji17]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Well today got dropped off a 2018 1.5 turbo courtesy while mine gets repaired. Car looks the dogs danglies apart from the shocking alloys on the VX line [emoji19] all the toys. Lovely jubbly. However few things I don’t like so far.. washer jets back to a single line squirt thing ugh. So ten years ago. Stop start seems to take ages to kick In after dumping clutch at lights leaving you panicking like a fart in a thunderstorm then screeching off from the lights in shear panic form. Headlights are yellow candles... why? Why? Why? Chuck some leds in there for god sake. And the dash. The clocks are back to the old shape style. Hanging! Drivers seat the rear adjuster is back to a wheel, why not keep the single handle pull? And mirrors don’t fold on the keyless button on the door handle you have to click the key twice. Now I might just be picky but if you can install lane assist and automatic cruise control, auto high beam etc then why cut all the other corners, so all in all so far from me I’m happy with my 14 siggy, beautiful car but let down by cutting corners. Pics to follow in the morn [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                  Well today got dropped off a 2018 1.5 turbo courtesy while mine gets repaired. Car looks the dogs danglies apart from the shocking alloys on the VX line [emoji19] all the toys. Lovely jubbly. However few things I don’t like so far.. washer jets back to a single line squirt thing ugh. So ten years ago. Stop start seems to take ages to kick In after dumping clutch at lights leaving you panicking like a fart in a thunderstorm then screeching off from the lights in shear panic form. Headlights are yellow candles... why? Why? Why? Chuck some leds in there for god sake. And the dash. The clocks are back to the old shape style. Hanging! Drivers seat the rear adjuster is back to a wheel, why not keep the single handle pull? And mirrors don’t fold on the keyless button on the door handle you have to click the key twice. Now I might just be picky but if you can install lane assist and automatic cruise control, auto high beam etc then why cut all the other corners, so all in all so far from me I’m happy with my 14 siggy, beautiful car but let down by cutting corners. Pics to follow in the morn [emoji106]

That's the VX line for you. All the looks, none of the Elite toys.
                  Bit like the SRi in the Vec C...

Comment

The names speak for themselves...Why would they put all the elite toys in a vx line? There are different models for a reason. A lot of boxes need ticking on the Insignia B if you want certain options. Even more so after the first year of introduction. Some of the standard features disappeared on my model later but they also dropped the price so I suppose its swings and roundabouts.

Just to address a few of your negative views,

Washer jets...Really? Its a spray of water that dumps enough water on the screen to clear it of debris. If anything I find it lasts a lot longer than my previous Insignia so maybe there's method in their madness.

Something wrong with the stop start on the car they've given you. Starts instantly as soon as you touch the clutch.

Headlights I can't argue with....Did what you said and stuck leds in mine. Perfect now. I expect it's to do with making the Matrix lights more attractive if the only other option in yellow candles.

Don't see a problem with the clocks....More of a sporty look compared to the previous Insignia and centred the digital screen. Never understood why that was off centre on the facelift.

Drivers seat must be model specific again and something they have dropped as standard. Electric on my SRi.

Can't comment on the mirrors cos mine don't fold.

As I said...A lot of standard bits were dropped after the first year and became options (even the rear wiper is a free option now but you need to tick it) My SRi Nav cost me 21k. You can get the same car now for under 19k but with missing features. For me they vast improvement the Insignia B has over the Insignia A is safety features. From how its planted on the road to all the driver aids...Yes it's the drivers responsibility to steer and stop the car but its great to know the car has your back.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Probably an option in the settings to fold the mirrors with the keyless

Comment

Must admit I prefer my style of clocks even with the offset screen. See both your points, and that's why I have only ever looked at elite versions of the new model. Really do wonder if it's worth the extra money but if it's what you like.

Wouldn't do to all like the same thing, would be one tired sore woman .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I'm probably quite well placed with this one....i went from a pre facelift Elite Nav Tourer to a GS SRi, not VX Line, Tourer. In terms of kit i dont really miss anything other than the AFL lights really. A lot of other things have been replaced with fairly similar items or i just dont miss them :-

- instead of the built in Nav i use Apple Maps through CarPlay which i find far better which also means no having to mess about updating maps
                          - I have all the same audio stuff really along with Carplay which is how i use it most of the time.
                          - I've still got dual zone climate control, had winter pack on the new one so got heated seats (that work as they packed up with the known issue on the old car!) along with heated front window and steering wheel
                          - seat goes up and down electronically but even with the rest being manual its not that i'm always changing it so not an issue, in fact in the old car i never realised the electric seat adjustment had stopped working until i saw it on an MOT report for the car when i checked up after i'd flogged it to see if it was back on the road)
                          - washer jets still clear the window completely fine...the only slight drawback is the old car had the bigger water tank due to headlight washers
                          - i went from preface to insignia B so not really noticed much of a change in terms of the clocks but the new ones seem fine to me. Easy to read and the central screen is clear and well placed
                          - As with Marko stop\start on mine is pretty instant however i implement it. Either with a press of the clutch if i've put the handbrake on and then taken it out of gear or if you just take it out of gear and hold it on the brake it starts back up when you lift off the brake i think.
                          - Talking of handbrake still got electronic on the new car as it was on the old Elite
                          - Mirrors are manual on mine but i rarely folded them in on the old car so not something i've missed
                          - The lights are a big miss and i'm still standard but sometime down the line i might change to LED if i get round to it
                          - The power boot was a nice to have but i'm not exactly breaking a sweat these days opening and closing it manually!!
                          - The change from a 70l to 50l fuel tank is a pain and not sure why it needed it as its hardly a small car where they might have struggled to fit the bigger one in

In terms of spec i've gone from an elite to an sri and not really missing out on a lot whilst gaining all the safety bits.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                            The lights are a big miss and i'm still standard but sometime down the line i might change to LED if i get round to it
                            Do it. It's the best mod you can do but make sure you get the same ones as me and Defie so you get the correct cut off.

Comment

Got my girl back today. Well impressed. 2 alloys refurbed, body back to mint and two new tyres as they don’t like leaving tyres on wheels that have been accident damaged :-) however...... I noticed a couple of chips of paint missing on the rear VX line trim... so... it’s going back in Thursday while
                              I’m at work to have a repaint on back bumper, painter admitted when he pulled maskin tape off its maybe damaged paint, maybe! Fudge off that was not there they accepted this from the pics they took when took car in and accepted liability. Very happy with everything otherwise though just happy to have her back

Comment

I'm wondering how much your insurance goes up. Please share with us if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X