Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap or plug n play chip

Hi all
    I am looking to increase bhp and hopefully a little extra mpg+ out of my Insignia 160, just wondering which route to go down?
    I have stumbled across Pro diesel chip, retailing at £125 with a 14 day trial with money back, i have already booked in for a remap £200 including discount.
    Both are claiming similar returns in bhp and mpg, mmmmm would appreciate some feed back from anyone who has any of these mods.

Thanks in anticipation

I had mine remapped last week.
    I looked at tuning boxes for a while and decided to go with the actual remapping.

Comment

How much you paid for it

Comment

Trust me those tuning chips are more truble than they are worth , it like a woman with false T**S
        They look good but when you cop a feel you know they came from a factory .
        Someone I know had one of those chips , and it had the placebo effect ( he claimed his car had more low down grunt and stuff ,
        But within a couple of days it was messing his car up ( loss of power ,and in the end it started to clog his DPF up )
        His looked like a fog light relay and had the same usefulness as a fog ,light relay when tuning your car .
        Go for a re-map maybe a little bit more expansive but , you know it will work .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
          How much you paid for it
          £190....a totally different car now

Comment

I will have a think about it. Is it safe for estates as well?
            But First I have to sort my Aircon

Comment

Ye i probably will go for the remap rather than the box.
              Thanks

Comment

Hi
                Thats good feedback, i suppose it depends on how much you are willing to shill out££££, i have seen the boxes on sale for nearly £500.

Remap it is then👍

Thanks for your advice👍

Comment

remap,.. have it done live on a rolling road as well, do not go for the on site/mobile map.

Comment

My 15 plate 2.0 cdti sri seems to be temperemental re power and smooth acceleration. Sometimes it feels like its misfiring or kicking back on hard acceleration yet other times is very smooth and rapid. Got 46k on the clock. Anyone think re map is the cure ?

Comment

Originally posted by ledzep75 View Post
                      My 15 plate 2.0 cdti sri seems to be temperemental re power and smooth acceleration. Sometimes it feels like its misfiring or kicking back on hard acceleration yet other times is very smooth and rapid. Got 46k on the clock. Anyone think re map is the cure ?
                      Sounds like an issue you should get fixed first, remap puts more strain on bits and bobs due increased fuelling etc so fix it first then remap, if there’s an underlying fault could damage the engine also you’d not get the full benefit of the remap

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
                      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        Trust me those tuning chips are more truble than they are worth , it like a woman with false T**S
                        They look good but when you cop a feel you know they came from a factory .
                        Someone I know had one of those chips , and it had the placebo effect ( he claimed his car had more low down grunt and stuff ,
                        But within a couple of days it was messing his car up ( loss of power ,and in the end it started to clog his DPF up )
                        His looked like a fog light relay and had the same usefulness as a fog ,light relay when tuning your car .
                        Go for a re-map maybe a little bit more expansive but , you know it will work .
                        My diesel tuners UK chip on old pug was floorless, made car so much more drivable, better mpg and more power. But they did fit it and set it up for me. I never moved the setting while I had it, couldn't fault it to be honest.

But like everything, good and bad examples.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                          Sounds like an issue you should get fixed first, remap puts more strain on bits and bobs due increased fuelling etc so fix it first then remap, if there’s an underlying fault could damage the engine also you’d not get the full benefit of the remap

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
                          Thanks for that mate

Comment

Working...
                          X