Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different flywheel for start/stop engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different flywheel for start/stop engine?

Hi,
    I have a 2014 insignia 2.0cdti ecoflex sri 140...I've recently had the clutch and flywheel changed and ever since the stop start function hasn't worked...I've been told that a non start stop flywheel may been fitted is this a possibility?

I always thought there were more factors behind s/s not working.like state of battery charge . electrical equipment being used , I know that some systems ,( like the one on my van ) the alternator stores enough electrical energy by some kind of reversed polarity .to activate the starter once s/s is activated .I don't know how the system is activated in the insignia . but I don't think it's down to the fly wheel itself .it should have the same amount of teeth . only difference would be if manual or automatic transmission.if the flywheel is different between s/s and non s/s then it's back to the fitter who fitted it .but there again I could be taking nonsense ( as my wife says ) .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

All those parameters have been checked the dealer i bought it off did the clutch and flywheel and it's never worked since...I spoke to my own mechanic today and he said there's 2 flywheels, 1 with a s/s and one without so was hoping there would be a vaux mechanic on here who could verify this.

Comment

I mean s/s sensor

Comment

cant see why a flywheel would have a sensor fitted to it
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

For the start stop system supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattr0805 View Post
              For the start stop system supposedly.
              I think your mechanic is talking bollocks
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Comment

I think the mechanic might be right, check these different parts

Comment

The only thing then is the difference between non s/s and s/s flywheel , is there maybe a pickup sensor on it a bit like a CPS which stops the engine mid stroke ,so there's less resistance when re-starting the engine occurs ( so all 4 cylinders are half way up the bores . ( or something like that)
                    So the sensor must be picking up a signal from a mark on the flywheel .
                    Not unless I'm talking C**P ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It's going to vauxhall next week so hopefully they can sort it out.

Comment

The only manufacture I have come across who use different DMF for stop/start engines is VW. GM/Ford/Toyota etc all use the same DMF for Stop/Start and non Stop/Start. I sell parts wholesale....

Comment

Working...
                        X