Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you connect USB it will be in swipe down menu

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      When you connect USB it will be in swipe down menu
      So use the USB cable which comes with phone, and then select 'AUX Input' on media rather than Bluetooth?

If so I have tried this too, but there is actually less options on Menu and still no Browse feature.

Comment

Set to file transfer then phone will act as a storage device and headunit will read it like a USB stick

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Should just be able to select phone using media button

Comment

But would this work streaming Spotify/Apple music, or would I have to have download the MP3 files and save on device media?

Comment

Far as I'm aware, the only way you can use Spotify like that is with AA and CP.
              Anything else is just through the aux.

Comment

Originally posted by jfurlong2000 View Post
                Please can somebody help me

I have a Vauxhall Insignia Elite 2015. I can connect my phone no problem and play music via spotify, youtube etc. but there is no option to browse unless I go on my phone

Now a friend used to have a 2011 Insignia and he had the option to browse through albums, playlist etc. but for some reason my newer model doesn't seem to have

Any suggestions?
                Maybe your friend changed systems to newer model. AA and CP only available from mid 2016.

Comment

I'm thinking its down to the fact its struggling to read the data from the streaming service. I use Apple Music but i have Carplay and always use that interface. I will see what happens if i use the standard Intellilnk interface but i think it will probably work. I dont use Spotify either normally but have the free account so will see if i can give it a test. Issue is i'm on a newer system which probably isnt a fair test. Its probably also a case that i'm using an iPhone and not Android, there will be a difference in how they work with the car set up.

I'm thinking this is a limitation with the system in your car and using streaming services rather than locally stored information.

Comment

Ok just messed about with everything. Obviously Spotify works perfectly through AA. It wont play from phone any other way except aux cable.
                    Headunit will read phone ok through USB but not folder view, just songs.
                    Disconnect USB and headunit will read all music from phone and online (OneDrive music folder) perfectly. Note you have to press play on your phone media player to enable this, headunit indexes everything and can search just like a USB stick.

Comment

Scratch that Spotify plays through bt ok, skip tracks etc. Can't choose playlists, unless I'm missing something
                      Infact everything plays through bt , even Netflix. Seems only Google owned apps let you browse.
                      I know it's not the question asked, but interesting finding out what you can actually do without AA or CP.
                      Last edited by MattG; 29-04-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Ok so I tried all the above and still no luck. Video below of phone plugged in via cable and choosing transfer files option. Also I have tried plugging in a usb with an MP3 on and it doesn't even pick this up. The cable and usb slot do work though as phone charges. I'm thinking could this literally be a fault from manufacture here ?

Comment

The cable and usb slot do work though as phone charges.

Try another cable. Sounds like it's just a charging cable

As for USB stick. Try to reformat it. Just put one folder on it with a song on two on it. See if car recognises it. At the very least work a data cable to your phone it should see that.

If no USB or phone can be seen by unit it may be possible USB socket is faulty.

Comment

Just tried the cable which comes with Huawei, still the same! 😡

Comment

On the brink of buying an android head unit at Halfords and have that fitted instead

Comment

It's not that straight forward

Comment

Working...
                                X