No announcement yet.

Intellilink Music Browsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe take it to vauxhall then? Could it be a software update maybe? I don't think it's the USB as even just by using bluetooth that 'browse' button should be there at least greyed out shouldn't it. It's like the interface is slightly different on yours for some reason

Comment

Well mine is a 2016. Need someone with a 2015 version. All points to the USB socket. Have you tried a factory reset?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I haven't no, was worried I may get asked for a lockout code or something would this be the case? (Thank you for your help on all this by the way )

Comment

Your lucky I have a 2015 Elite and don't have Android play only Apple.

Comment

So don't you have the browse option like MattG's video on OneDrive earlier?

Comment

I had a play earlier using both Bluetooth and usb with my iPhone. Again you can only use Spotify via CarPlay on the display, if you don’t use CarPlay you would have to control it from the phone.

With Apple Music I think, it was a few hours ago now as I drove home from work, both usb and Bluetooth let me use the menu button to get to a browse option where I could select various options as per Apple Music such as playlists etc.

Comment

So in conclusion, I would suggest you still have a USB fault. Regardless of age a USB stick formated in Fat32 with mp3s on should be readable by your headunit.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by jfurlong2000 View Post
                  Ok so I tried all the above and still no luck. Video below of phone plugged in via cable and choosing transfer files option. Also I have tried plugging in a usb with an MP3 on and it doesn't even pick this up. The cable and usb slot do work though as phone charges. I'm thinking could this literally be a fault from manufacture here ?

https://youtu.be/OCj3E5bwf2w
                  Just watching that video...even when you have the phone plugged in the phone is still connected to the head unit via Bluetooth as the Bluetooth symbol is on the screen. On mine you have to change the audio source via a source button to change between the different Radio types (MW\FM\DAB), USB or Bluetooth. If you press the menu button whilst in Bluetooth mode on mine it just gives the Bluetooth menu not other media sources.

Comment

So reading this Info on the Navi 900 It says if you have the projection icon you can get the update, but then goes on to say the update is only available to 2016 models, it's not easy this is it . So here's a wee video of my Navi 900 in my 2015 Elite tourer.

Comment

So does that mean I would not be eligible to get the nessecary update? Video doesn't seem to be working btw

Comment

So does that mean I would not be eligible to get the nessecary update? Video doesn't seem to be working btw
                        Video only works with the right type of file played from a USB stick. AA and CP don't even support it. There is a way but Google blocked it for now, but clever people on XDA will sort it again.

All updates are chargeable by the way, and Vauxhall won't guarantee anything will change. If your car is pre June 2016 your bolloxed anyway.

Still say you have a dodgy USB slot, or someone has previously messed behind headunit. The fact you can't read a USB stick proves that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Video only works with the right type of file played from a USB stick. AA and CP don't even support it. There is a way but Google blocked it for now, but clever people on XDA will sort it again.

All updates are chargeable by the way, and Vauxhall won't guarantee anything will change. If your car is pre June 2016 your bolloxed anyway.

Still say you have a dodgy USB slot, or someone has previously messed behind headunit. The fact you can't read a USB stick proves that.
                          Matt I was told that if my Navi 900 had the projector icon I could get the update to Android. There is so much conflicting ino out there. Sorry, I forgot to put this info in my original post.
                          Software Update Navi 900 / Touch R700 IntelliLink Frequently Asked Questions May 2016. Q: I heard about a software update for the model year 2016 Navi 900 & Touch R700 IntelliLink infotainment systems. What is it about? A: Starting in May 2016, O/V offers a fee-based software update for the model ...

Comment

Sorry I meant the video isn't working what you posted of your tourer, not video on my head unit ha!

Just spoken to my pal who had insignia with the browse option. His was a 2014 model leased brand new for 3 years and never had any upgrades or anything so unit was from factory. I remember his definitely having this feature as it's what brought the question to my attention

Comment

Sorry I meant the video isn't working what you posted of your tourer, not video on my head unit ha!

Just spoken to my pal who had insignia with the browse option. His was a 2014 model leased brand new for 3 years and never had any upgrades or anything so unit was from factory. I remember his definitely having this feature as it's what brought the question to my attention
                              I sorted the video mate. I just think mines is an older software version on the Navi 900 and can't be updated, I also noticed on yours you didn't have to fiscally use your finger on the touch screen and have a pointer on the screen. I'm now resigned to the fact I may have to look for an aftermarket unit, so can anyone recommend one.

Comment

So a wee update after some digging that has left me even more confused. On my Vin, I have the letter G and that works in with the projection icon I have and it also states if G its a Navi 900 IntelliLink 2.5 Insignia Model Year 2016, 2017, my car is late 2015. So if I have the projection Icon how do i get the android play ontot my system and how much would it cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X