The Opel Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
    Here you go...this image from this page - http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gener...logy/opel-eye/ - shows the two cameras that can be mounted. The one i had for AFL was the tall thin one with two openings whilst i think the more central one is Opel Eye.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1324[/ATTACH]
    That's exactly what i have but i thought the smaller lenses was for auto lights and auto windscreen wipers..

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
      I just had a camera just under the rear view mirror and all it was for was the AFL lights. I'd say that if you are not getting any of the other warnings then you dont have Opel Eye and just the AFL camera. Think when i bought my old Elite the dealer had it listed as having a camera that did all that or a built in dashcam and i had to put him right after googling it. I have vague recollections about the age of my old Elite UK cars didnt get Opel Eye and it was on europe cars only but i could be making that up.

What year is your Elite?
      2016, 65 plate.

Comment

The wife is out in it currently otherwise i would have taken a better picture but you can see the gubbins i have behind the mirror. Click image for larger version

Name:	mycar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	243121

Comment

Originally posted by DezBruce View Post
          The wife is out in it currently otherwise i would have taken a better picture but you can see the gubbins i have behind the mirror. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1325[/ATTACH]
          Its hard to tell from that photo as i cant zoom in much but that looks familiar to what i had. I think you are right that the tall thin section is the auto lights and wipers then the camera is for AFL lights. Its a different set up to the picture i posted.

Comment

One for road sign recognition will be like picture above a proper camera, whereas for AFL HBA its just a flat square CCD looking thing..

I'm working on retrofitting a full camera, the main hurdle is going to be obtaining a bracket for it if not its a new windscreen, the rest of it like wiring / dash activation is trivial compared to the windscreen
            Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X