Coolant fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant fan not working

Hi all I have a 2010 1.8 SRI, the coolant fan is not kicking in and car gets warm when Sat, fuses ok, are there any relays I should be checking before I purchase a new fan, if so where can they be found
    Cheers all

Scrapyard.

You can try to plug 12v +/- to the fan connector in order to check if it works.
    Unplug first.

Yours is petrol?
    If so then fun kick off at around 105°C maybe a bit more as 105°c is a normal operating temperature for these engines. 18 xer for example

Comment

Hello when you say the car gets warm when sat , how far up dose the temperature needle go ? To half way ? .
      If it stays there steady then that means the thermostat is operating correctly.and the fan won't cut in .
      How long does the temperature needle take to get half way ? Is it more than 20 mins of driving ? If so could mean thermostat is stuck in open position. If the needle goes into the red and fan don't cut in then yep there's something amiss.
      You have air con , dose that work ? Is the condensing fan cutting in ?
      The relay is in the engine fuse box top left but check owners manual .
      As said above check fan with live feed , but keeps fingers away from blades or you will get a free manicure curtesy of the blades ,
      Check simple things first .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks guys sorry poor explanation, when driving temp sits at 90, after a few mins parked up the temp creeps up to well over 110 and the fan does not kick in, and when moving again it comes down, when a/c is put on fan does not start also.
        To do a hard wire test to the battery which colour wires do I use, there are 4 wires on the fan cable connector? Sorry to sound such a div but electrics not my thing
        Again thanks for any help

Comment

Hi. Andrewowen7 did you find the solution to your problem? I have the same symptoms

Comment

Originally posted by Prostoelegancko1 View Post
            Hi. Andrewowen7 did you find the solution to your problem? I have the same symptoms
            The OP hasn't been on for almost a year and this topic is older than that. You would be better off starting your own topic and explain your issues as you'll get a better response.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X