Torque Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
    Although the wrench will loosen the wheel nuts, I never do, loosen with a small breaker bar, only use the torque wrench to tighten wheel nuts.
    Agree totally with this, also always wind the adjustment right off after use (torque wrench spring will deteriorate if kept under pressure).

Comment

The one in the above link will be ok tho yeah?
      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by rpanchal View Post
        The one in the above link will be ok tho yeah?
        Be fine as long as the specified torque is comfortably within the range of the tool. I have 3 all with different ratings but rarely use for wheel nuts as i've been tightening them for over 40 years and can judge when its enough without over doing them but if your unsure best use torque wrench (SAFETY FIRST),

Comment

Cheers mate, I’ll need to get one for the spark plugs also.
          2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

rpanchal,have you managed to do the abs sensors yet?
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
              rpanchal,have you managed to do the abs sensors yet?
              Not yet works been pretty busy.. soon as i get a free day I’ll be getting them done, then fingers crossed i wont see the “service ESP” message everyday!
              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Install the wheel wrench ensuring that it locates securely and tighten each nut in a crosswise sequence. Tightening torque is 150 Nm.

Straight from handbook.
                Is that really in the handbook? wheels should be tightened by doing opposites with 4 studs or in the case of 5 stud by missing one (1,3,5,2,4). That way the wheel is seated correctly
                sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
                X