Deployable Towbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployable Towbar?

So discovered my 2011 Tourer has what appears to be an oem deployable towbar.

Anyone know how they work? There's a small handle that you can pull out a bit, then it beeps. But it remains retracted.

I won't be using it, just curious, and if I can get it working, might be useful for someone else.

Has GM and Oris Matic labels.

Pull the handle so it comes down then pull the tow var bit up till it cilcks. Then to put it away it’s just the reverse. Only found this out when after a couple of months of owning the car i bent down to look at the exhaust and then i seen the handle. So like a naturally inquisitive 3 year old i pulled it and then a tow bar magic appeared

Comment

You've got me curious now, the wife has not long upgraded from a 208 to an insignia tourer. The amount of times I catch myself on the damn thing 🙄 going to be taking a look in the morning 👍

Comment

When you pull the handle it should swing half way, so you can pull it in position. I however have an issue where you can’t pull the cable far enough causing it to remain stuck. I have fixed it once by taking it apart and grazing parts of the mechanics, but it failed again. Luckily in the deployed state, so I keep it that way.
        Don’t pull to hard on the cable or it will break.

Comment

Filmed this if this is any help

Last edited by Plym Ian; 09-05-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Spot on that is. Thanking you for the trouble 👍

Comment

Ah, ive not yanked on mine that hard ! I just pulled it gently, it didnt come that far, will try it again

Comment

Originally posted by Rom View Post
                Ah, ive not yanked on mine that hard ! I just pulled it gently, it didnt come that far, will try it again
                You’re still talking about your tow bar handle I hope?

Comment

Working...
                X