2011 Tourer Rear Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rom View Post
    Mine doesnt have stop start, so that will have a big effect.
    I'll do a HPI at work tomorrow and find out some more about specs etc. I was guessing EcoFlex just wouldnt fit on the green slip.

Ideal scenario, is finding an aftermarket shock, so I can go back to the trader with a resolution. Not sure they are going to want to buy a genuine one at that price.

Thanks for the link Lizzard, ill see what I can find, but appears they arent going to be the most common of shocks to trace (other than from Vauxhall) curious about the self levelling. It will be using height sensors to adjust xenons, but the shocks have no electrical connection or anything.
    Just take it back to trader who had it fitted, it is making the car very dangerous and should NOT be used, Put it in writing to them and keep copy stating should you be unfortunate to be involved in accident that you would hold them responsible along with the garage who fitted it and the mot tester who signed the ticket to say its now safe, The Shocks should ALWAYS BE CHANGED IN PAIRS, even more so when not of the same manufacture, You might also find the insurance would not pay out as they would most likely inspect in detail to try and find reason not to pay out. Its not up to you to find solution its the place you got it from/whoever fitted it.

Comment

I should probably have said, im a Diag Tech / MOT Tester, so for me, a preferable solution is for them to cover the cost of the new part, and i will fit it. Saves me an hour each way to dro pthe car to them, and the same to go and collect.
      Plus, i know the job will be done right.

Comment

Working...
      X