Mpg....well pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg....well pleased

Sunday is the only full day me and the wife get to see each other.
    So we decided to try the car on a run after its been remapped.
    Tank was full when we started out at 9am this morning.

I'm actually gobsmacked at the midrange torque and the MPG.
    Absolutely delighted with it.

Here's the pictures I took after we returned.

I think they're amazing figures but maybe others may find they're normal .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190505_163217491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	249047

Name:	IMG_20190505_163221573.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	249048
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RBH; 05-05-2019, 06:19 PM.

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Sunday is the only full day me and the wife get to see each other.
    So we decided to try the car on a run after its been remapped.
    Tank was full when we started out at 9am this morning.

I'm actually gobsmacked at the midrange torque and the MPG.
    Absolutely delighted with it.

Here's the pictures I took after we returned.

I think they're amazing figures but maybe others may find they're normal .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1351[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1352[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1353[/ATTACH]
    Very nice, lots of motorway miles there to get that average speed .

I average 620 to 670 miles per tank 42 -46 mpg. But that's mainly short runs. If I do a 60-80 mile run it moves up to 50ish. Must try a good run from a full tank.

For the extra power you have it was well worth it. Glad your chuffed.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Very nice, lots of motorway miles there to get that average speed .

I average 620 to 670 miles per tank 42 -46 mpg. But that's mainly short runs. If I do a 60-80 mile run it moves up to 50ish. Must try a good run from a full tank.

For the extra power you have it was well worth it. Glad your chuffed.
      Only bit of motorway was 16 miles on M74 from Lesmahagow to Canderside toll/A71 junction.
      All A roads....from my house right down to Stranraer then up the coast to Ayr, then up through to Cumnock, into South Lanarkshire then into my son's.

Then home.
      Last edited by RBH; 05-05-2019, 04:13 PM. Reason: Speeling mistooks

Comment

By time I got home yesterday,mine had gone to 61.8,highest ive seen is about 57/58,,this was with cc set to 68,with a few spirited bursts ,,so an improvement all round in my book,well worth the roadtrip

should have got a pic,but I reset it again this morn,cos I brimmed tank today
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          By time I got home yesterday,mine had gone to 61.8,highest ive seen is about 57/58,,this was with cc set to 68,with a few spirited bursts ,,so an improvement all round in my book,well worth the roadtrip

It's definitely made a big difference to mine Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            It's definitely made a big difference to mine Dave.
            yeah ,,,ive never achieved 60 on the display before,ever,so it does prove it does aid fuel eco.

the thing I cant get my head round is more power and torque,should mean worse economy
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

yeah ,,,ive never achieved 60 on the display before,ever,so it does prove it does aid fuel eco.

the thing I cant get my head round is more power and torque,should mean worse economy
              That's my thinking ....but I ain't complaining bud

Comment

Just filled up......took 15 litres

Name:	IMG_20190505_182527948.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	243130

Now got a nice range in the tank.

Comment

Maybe the trip computer wasn't adjusted during the remap therefore the car is running higher fuel rail pressure (squirting in more fuel) than the trip computer thinks.

More power and torque only use significantly more fuel if you take advantage of them. While cruising, a standard 2.0CDTi and a remapped 2.0CDTi probably use a similar amount of fuel.

Comment

At motorway speeds wind resistance and higher engine rpms hurt mpg. In town the stop-starts hurt mpg. Cold and wet weather also hurt mpg but so can running aircon in the summer.

The sweet spot for mpg is nicely-flowing roads with 40-50mph limit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                      At motorway speeds wind resistance and higher engine rpms hurt mpg. In town the stop-starts hurt mpg. Cold and wet weather also hurt mpg but so can running aircon in the summer.

The sweet spot for mpg is nicely-flowing roads with 40-50mph limit.
                      Yes i found this out the other day. For the first time since owning my car i managed 50mpg at them speeds

Comment

when I had my facelift A 163, regularly saw late 800-s and 900 range when filling up. returned 66mpg on my commute on A road,.. managed a pip short of 80mpg on a run to Middlesborough from Lincolnshire

Comment

Honest John's mpg contributors average about 45mpg for the 2.0CDTi and 50mpg for the 1.6CDTi.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                            Honest John's mpg contributors average about 45mpg for the 2.0CDTi and 50mpg for the 1.6CDTi.
                            I get 42 plus on short city runs with some spirited second and third gear moments .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                              I get 42 plus on short city runs with some spirited second and third gear moments .
                              For most cars, driving in town isn't much worse for mpg compared to cruising along the motorway at 70-80.

Comment

Working...
                              X