Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Insignia 2011 won't turn over

Hi,

I brought the car a month ago with bumper and chassis leg damage, the car started and ran before we started work on it. A friend of mine took all the electrical loom/battery with tray and fuse box out to do welding. I've put it all back together but when I go to start the car up only the ignition works, no turn over. Used an obd2 reader and no faults show, so I'm lost to what it could be, any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

First thing is the battery fully charged ?. When you put ignition on do dash lights illuminated? When you go to crank the car over do the dash lights go dim or go out ? .
    If all is well there , check battery terminals are they tight and making good contact ?
    If all is well there , check grounding of main earth wire is it tight
    If all,is well there , check connections on starter .
    If all is well there then Scream !
    But re-check all work you have done and connections , could be something simple

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Battery was fine, took starter motor off and bridged it, didn't work. Thank You

Comment

Did you manage to solve this as i have the same problem?

Comment

Hello Banks
          It's probably worth starting your own thread . because you will get better replys .and also with the OP he had quite a bit of stuff done to his car before it would not start.
          But if you include in your thread what model insignia you have ( engine type diesel/ petrol.gearbox type.year . also the symptoms ie are lights on dashboard.is battery fully charged.what led up to this happening.) It all helps to get good answers.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Hello Banks
            It's probably worth starting your own thread . because you will get better replys .and also with the OP he had quite a bit of stuff done to his car before it would not start.
            But if you include in your thread what model insignia you have ( engine type diesel/ petrol.gearbox type.year . also the symptoms ie are lights on dashboard.is battery fully charged.what led up to this happening.) It all helps to get good answers.
            No problem lizzard thank you

Comment

Banks I see you have put the same sort of question on another thread .
              If you are having trouble starting a new thread then just ask
              We are here to help one another.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I did manage to fix it, when my friend put the fuse box back on, they didn't tighten the 3 bolts tightly enough so the connection was poor

Comment

Working...
                X