No announcement yet.

Satnav issues .. 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satnav issues .. 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI.

Hi.

After I enter a destination in the above car the Satnav then tells me to drive on a digitised road and showing an off road icon on the screen, in other words it doesnt know where I am. Just tried it this morning and I was on the A34 in Manchester, so its hardly off road and not digitised.

Is this something that I can resolve without going to a dealership as the one I spoke to suggested an update to the satnav system and paying £120 for the privilege.

Any help would be most welcome and many thanks.

Not knowing too much about electronics myself but the first thing I would be doing is disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to let the electrical modules reboot themselves--i'm sure someone will be along with more advice soon----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      Not knowing too much about electronics myself but the first thing I would be doing is disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to let the electrical modules reboot themselves--i'm sure someone will be along with more advice soon----Dave
      Thanks Dave, had thought of that. Given that I know less than very little about the mechanics and electrics of cars do you know if this would cause an issue with the radio, does it need a code once its re-connected. I dont have the code hence not doing it yet. Cheers.

Comment

Hello,no code my friend---you will only have to reset the door windows---it will come up on the screen and show you the procedure---its deff worth a try-----Dave

Comment

Hello,no code my friend---you will only have to reset the door windows---it will come up on the screen and show you the procedure---its deff worth a try-----Dave
          Okay will give it a go when it stops raining, thanks again.

Comment

Plenty of good advice on this forum--plus if you put up more details of your car and location there might be some help and advice not far away-----Dave

Comment

Plenty of good advice on this forum--plus if you put up more details of your car and location there might be some help and advice not far away-----Dave
              Done and thanks again Dave.

Comment

Similar issues with mine since having the battery off over the weekend - sat nav at the minute refusing to lock into its location, the map is fairly off at the mo. Have carried out a battery reset and also checked for issues with GDS. Decent 35mile run tonight so hopefully it'll pick up a GPS lock then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_H View Post
                  Similar issues with mine since having the battery off over the weekend - sat nav at the minute refusing to lock into its location, the map is fairly off at the mo. Have carried out a battery reset and also checked for issues with GDS. Decent 35mile run tonight so hopefully it'll pick up a GPS lock then.
                  Please let me know how you get on then Nick, as in is it working okay or not when you have been out later. Thanks.

Comment

I have an issue with my maps on a Navi 900. The arrow on the screen is going in the opposite direction from m. Let's say I know that Skirsa street is on my left butit's on the right on my map, it's all very confusing. thead

Comment

Originally posted by phlodge View Post
                      Please let me know how you get on then Nick, as in is it working okay or not when you have been out later. Thanks.
                      Still no good after 35 miles - will see how it gets on tomorrow but the car was in the sea as of tonight.!

Comment

Confirmed issue is definitely a GPS location problem - coordinates displayed by sat nav when entered into Google maps correspond with the incorrect location. Battery is disconnected for the morning now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_H View Post
                          Confirmed issue is definitely a GPS location problem - coordinates displayed by sat nav when entered into Google maps correspond with the incorrect location. Battery is disconnected for the morning now.
                          Oh dear, not looking good, keep me posted.

Thanks and good luck.

Comment

Looking like I've had success with a fix on this, using the hidden developer screens on the touchscreen to reset the Navi's start position. Seems to have worked but I want to test tomorrow to confirm, will pass on the details then [emoji3526]

Comment

Great thanks, just spoken to my mechanical mate who is curious as never heard of the issue before so he is keen to learn more. I assume by the developer screens you mean the ones you access by pressing the 3 buttons simultaneously. ie home, on/off and menu.

Comment

Working...
                              X