Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satnav issues ..Nov 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI Ecoflex. Manual. (Stockport)

Forum Key Rings
    Hi.

After I enter a destination in the above car the Satnav then tells me to drive on a digitised road and showing an off road icon on the screen, in other words it doesnt know where I am. Just tried it this morning and I was on the A34 in Manchester, so its hardly off road and not digitised.

Is this something that I can resolve without going to a dealership as the one I spoke to suggested an update to the satnav system and paying 120 for the privilege.

Any help would be most welcome and many thanks.

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Sri Nav Cdti Ecoflex 163--its certainly not a farting tortoise.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not knowing too much about electronics myself but the first thing I would be doing is disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to let the electrical modules reboot themselves--i'm sure someone will be along with more advice soon----Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1419 View Post
    Not knowing too much about electronics myself but the first thing I would be doing is disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to let the electrical modules reboot themselves--i'm sure someone will be along with more advice soon----Dave
    Thanks Dave, had thought of that. Given that I know less than very little about the mechanics and electrics of cars do you know if this would cause an issue with the radio, does it need a code once its re-connected. I dont have the code hence not doing it yet. Cheers.

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Sri Nav Cdti Ecoflex 163--its certainly not a farting tortoise.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,no code my friend---you will only have to reset the door windows---it will come up on the screen and show you the procedure---its deff worth a try-----Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,no code my friend---you will only have to reset the door windows---it will come up on the screen and show you the procedure---its deff worth a try-----Dave
    Okay will give it a go when it stops raining, thanks again.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of good advice on this forum--plus if you put up more details of your car and location there might be some help and advice not far away-----Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of good advice on this forum--plus if you put up more details of your car and location there might be some help and advice not far away-----Dave
    Done and thanks again Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar issues with mine since having the battery off over the weekend - sat nav at the minute refusing to lock into its location, the map is fairly off at the mo. Have carried out a battery reset and also checked for issues with GDS. Decent 35mile run tonight so hopefully it'll pick up a GPS lock then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_H View Post
    Similar issues with mine since having the battery off over the weekend - sat nav at the minute refusing to lock into its location, the map is fairly off at the mo. Have carried out a battery reset and also checked for issues with GDS. Decent 35mile run tonight so hopefully it'll pick up a GPS lock then.
    Please let me know how you get on then Nick, as in is it working okay or not when you have been out later. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an issue with my maps on a Navi 900. The arrow on the screen is going in the opposite direction from m. Let's say I know that Skirsa street is on my left butit's on the right on my map, it's all very confusing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast