Satnav issues .. 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phlodge View Post
    Great thanks, just spoken to my mechanical mate who is curious as never heard of the issue before so he is keen to learn more. I assume by the developer screens you mean the ones you access by pressing the 3 buttons simultaneously. ie home, on/off and menu.
    Yes those are the ones. There's a Navi menu in there with an option to 'set starting position'. From the following list you can choose one of your saved locations or recent locations. Drive the car to exactly one of them (home for me), set the start position and then have a drive. I've literally gone round my estate but it's seemed to have done the trick.

Will confirm on the way to work tomorrow. If successful it must've just got to the point where the coordinates the sat nav had recorded were so far out the GPS for whatever reason couldn't get a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_H View Post
      Yes those are the ones. There's a Navi menu in there with an option to 'set starting position'. From the following list you can choose one of your saved locations or recent locations. Drive the car to exactly one of them (home for me), set the start position and then have a drive. I've literally gone round my estate but it's seemed to have done the trick.

Will confirm on the way to work tomorrow. If successful it must've just got to the point where the coordinates the sat nav had recorded were so far out the GPS for whatever reason couldn't get a fix.
      Fingers crossed then Nick, thanks for keeping me in the loop and I look forward to some good news tomorrow.

Comment

All good so far on the journey to work (albeit only 3 miles). Will try setting a route back home later, and I've got a decent 15 miles later this Eve too.

Comment

Sadly no good as of this eve - seemed fine on main roads with a few adjustments but I think it's calculating any slight deviation. Soon as I was minor road just now it got confused with a 180deg turn and has gone again - dev screens showing no found/visible GPS satellites so it's not picking up GPS at all.

Going to plug MDI/GDS in tomorrow and see if there are any related fault codes for loss of GPS signal from the antenna.

Comment

Sadly no good as of this eve - seemed fine on main roads with a few adjustments but I think it's calculating any slight deviation. Soon as I was minor road just now it got confused with a 180deg turn and has gone again - dev screens showing no found/visible GPS satellites so it's not picking up GPS at all.

Going to plug MDI/GDS in tomorrow and see if there are any related fault codes for loss of GPS signal from the antenna.
            Okay keep me posted, not done anything with mine all day as its been raining.

Comment

Fixed!

No DTC's stored when checked this morning, so left the car outside work this with the ignition in position 1 so the Intellilink was powered up (attached battery support just to keep battery voltage up). After around 1 1/2 hours the map has updated to correct location and the GPS satellites have now been recognised in the developer screens. I'll upload some photos later when I've finished work of where the info in the screens is.

So basically, ignition position 1 and leave the car sat stationary

EDITED: With a clear view of the sky ;-)

Comment

Fixed!

No DTC's stored when checked this morning, so left the car outside work this with the ignition in position 1 so the Intellilink was powered up (attached battery support just to keep battery voltage up). After around 1 1/2 hours the map has updated to correct location and the GPS satellites have now been recognised in the developer screens. I'll upload some photos later when I've finished work of where the info in the screens is.

So basically, ignition position 1 and leave the car sat stationary

EDITED: With a clear view of the sky ;-)
                Thats good news, thanks Nick. I appreciate you keeping me in the loop on this.

Comment

Satnav issues .. 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI.

It lost it again on the way home but a repeat of the same process took minutes second time round and it's been functioning all afternoon.

Comment

Here's the developer menus...

I accessed 'Navi', followed by 'Sensors', then 'GNSS'. This is the screen I have now...

When I had the issue, the satellites were all 0, and the date was wrong. I also found out that when an active GPS signal is in use, the following symbol under the clock disappears...

Good luck, I hope it works for you and anyone else.

Comment

No luck with me Nick, will try again but didnt make any difference when I tried your trick.

Its just not finding the satellite and there is an x under the clock suggesting the same, satellites used remains at 0.
                      Date also is blank and hasnt changed either.

Glad your'e sorted though and thanks for the help.

Comment

No luck with me Nick, will try again but didnt make any difference when I tried your trick.

Its just not finding the satellite and there is an x under the clock suggesting the same, satellites used remains at 0.
                        Date also is blank and hasnt changed either.

Glad your'e sorted though and thanks for the help.
                        Have you tried looking at the gps antenna connected to the hmi. Unplug it and plug it back in. You never know

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          Have you tried looking at the gps antenna connected to the hmi. Unplug it and plug it back in. You never know
                          Ha, sounds great but havent got a clue what HMI is.
                          When it comes to cars all I do is drive them, it comes from having had company cars for over 35 years, this is the first car I have ever bought and I am over 60.

Comment

Ha, sounds great but havent got a clue what HMI is.
                            When it comes to cars all I do is drive them, it comes from having had company cars for over 35 years, this is the first car I have ever bought and I am over 60.
                            It's what controls the sat nav. Then the gps antenna is attached to it. You have to take out the screen and the climate panel. Then undo some 7mm bolts

Comment

As Lewish says it could well be a connection issue. The HMI is the human machine interface, and does the sat nav gumph along with USB etc...

It does suggest by the cross through the symbol (something I never saw) that the unit not only isn't receiving a GPS signal but has a connectivity issue between it and the GPS antenna. If that's the case it would certainly show up on a diagnostic scan.

Comment

As Lewish says it could well be a connection issue. The HMI is the human machine interface, and does the sat nav gumph along with USB etc...

It does suggest by the cross through the symbol (something I never saw) that the unit not only isn't receiving a GPS signal but has a connectivity issue between it and the GPS antenna. If that's the case it would certainly show up on a diagnostic scan.
                                Thanks guys, I will take it in to a mechanic friend of mine who has the diagnostic kit.
                                Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X