Tyre recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recommendation

Hi all, needing a couple of tyres on the front. What tyres are recommended 245 40 19s. Local garage quoting £85 + vat for some nexens

Thanks

I put some Lassa-driveway Sport on mine just before Christmas---seem to be ok--not a lot of road noise--think they are made by Bridgestone----Dave

Comment

tried loads, I found Nexen (N8000 i tried on my Vectra) to be horrendous, removed and threw away - others will have different stories.

Vredestein / Hankook / Khumo / Rainsport 3 - excellent tyres, great grip in both wet and dry, quiet on the road, but found to return only 10k miles on the front. At £140ish for a mid range tyre, not brilliant.

Goodyear Assymetric 3 F1 - amazing wet and dry grip, very quiet on the road and will cost you £160ish per tyre, but you will get 25 - 30k miles from a pair on the front.

All depends on your driving / driving style, we all like different things, so what one of us says will be the best, it is not necessarily going to be the best for you. You need to try the tyres out and work out what's best for you.

Comment

Landsail LS588 are very good cheap tyres

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          Landsail LS588 are very good cheap tyres

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1x-SUMMER...gAAOSwgvFbPmO4
          As above, have Landsail LS588 on my Vectra. Very good cheap tyre. Have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 on the Insignia, more expensive but better value than others of the same calibre, extremely good tyres.

Comment

Yep.... Landsails LS588's get my vote.

Comment

Great, eBay the best place for them ?

Comment

nexen su1's really good grip low road noise and good wear rate, nothing like the crappy nexen 6000 or 8000

Comment

Is there any real difference going for budget brand over day mid range ?

Comment

I’ve just replaced four Nexen n8000 by Hankook Ventus Prime3, the nexuses only lasted about 20000 miles of mostly highway. I didn’t noticed any difference in grip, but do see a slightly better (10%) better mileage for the Hankooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
                      Great, eBay the best place for them ?
                      I get mine from here https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/good-whee...72.m2749.l2754
                      They take a few days to arrive but to have them fitted locally for £12 a corner, still worked out cheaper for me than anywhere else fitted and sometimes proper rubbish budgets or little choice of tyre.

Comment

Not everyone's fav but I've been using Jinyu tyres I came across them when I needed 4 X 19" so looked on Asda tyres they were marked as Budget range ( so it was pot luck what you get ) . very impressed with the grip .and wear rate of them and price .but that's a personal thing .at the end of the day it's the only point of contact between the car and the road and me and my family's life . but I like them .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Running on landails on my 18s. Got from oponeo for 50 a side. Can't fault them

Comment

Not long had acceleras fitted, £60 each. Budgets suit me, I don't do the mileage to warrant expensive tyres. They seem to be OK, no real issues. I need 2 for the front, so I've just booked in for 2 more...

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav

Comment

What sort of mileage a year do you do ? Bit weary about going for budgets

Comment

Working...
                              X