Nav Update to A/Auto and AppleCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Update to A/Auto and AppleCC?

So having to drive more for work, I keep finding my Nav telling me I am not on a road.. Obviously outdated. Having spoken to my local dealer they were less than helpful and suggested an update *may* be available but for £160...

Having read through the forums I am fairly confident that an update is possible, but i'd rather update the head unit to include AppleCC and AndroidAuto (I'm apple, OH is Android) and just use those Nav functions (plus the extra functions!).

I think others have done thise, if so how do you go about it and is it ££££? Can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I've a '64 plate with Navi 900 IntelliLink 2.0 (I think)

Originally posted by WJS View Post
    So having to drive more for work, I keep finding my Nav telling me I am not on a road.. Obviously outdated. Having spoken to my local dealer they were less than helpful and suggested an update *may* be available but for £160...

Having read through the forums I am fairly confident that an update is possible, but i'd rather update the head unit to include AppleCC and AndroidAuto (I'm apple, OH is Android) and just use those Nav functions (plus the extra functions!).

I think others have done thise, if so how do you go about it and is it ££££? Can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Only available June 16 onwards far as I'm aware. You can change other parts to enable this but not worth the money in my eyes. you can still use phone sat nav through Bluetooth or aux, just won't be on screen

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Only available June 16 onwards far as I'm aware. You can change other parts to enable this but not worth the money in my eyes. you can still use phone sat nav through Bluetooth or aux, just won't be on screen
      Thanks for the quick reply! Shame an update isnt easy / cost effective!

Comment

the gas man is just about to complete this upgrade.. .He'll be able to give you a better idea on pricing.
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by WJS View Post

ive done this and it cost mi a bit much . only got it fr my ex to use spotify wen driving now im not with her .

but u will need hmi 2.5, new radio module for google commands and a new usb port to use apple car play (the one wit 1 usb and aux).
          at the same time i got the reverse cam feature activated.
          i only use android auto wen i go on long drives.
          MY14 Elite ST, Retrofit Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Reverse cam with dynamic lines, 20" Bi-colour alloys, Bi-turbo twin exhaust and diffuser, Retrofit 8" cluster with OPC background, Sport Leather seats with leg extension. Lowered 30mm on V-Maxx springs. vxline steering wheel. All the factory options that comes with the Elite. Full audio build, Rockford DSR1 DSP, Sundown audio x12, 4 x Pioneer TS M650 P.R.O, Alpine tweeters.

Comment

I use android auto all the time, got it to tell me the closing time of my local UPS pickup point, of which I was 10mins too late ... Always listen to different music on it as well as using it for Waze.. used 4gig of data last month, can only see that going up !
            Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X