Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT & "Service Vehicle Soon" message

Hi,

Will my insignia fail it's MOT if i have a "Service Vehicle Soon" message on the dash ? No other errors or warning lights.

Cheers.

There's a reason for that message on dashboard. Mot tester will scan it for errors and most probably will fail coz of that

Comment

MOT testers are not allowed to use code readers.nor adjust.or remove anything.you may find the tester may think it's a service interval indicator . and pass it . though that's like a blue moon .I've just brought an MOT failure Saab and the advisory was EML on .so it's there discretion so it seems.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

As an MOT tester..... We would not scan a car for faults, nor is a scanner part of the mandated VOSA test equipment required to be an MOT test station.

It should be passed, with maybe an advisory at most. Service Vehicle Soon is not like having a warning an EML on, my new car has this, and was mot'd with the light on (not by me, Trader organised).
        Personally, and to every mechanic ive spoken to who doesnt know this Vauxhall quirk, Id assume that is just a service due message.
        In reality, its actually not, its telling you there is a stored fault with the car. Very stupid implentation by Vauxhall, as unless you go and Google it, almost everyone would assume its a service reminder.

You do need to get the car scanned for dtcs and repaired though.

Comment

Working...
        X