Looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help

Car has all of a sudden stayed missing , from the moment it starts and while revs,,, also a intermediate rattle from engine , filled up with diesel drove about 30 miles and problem started , no power shuddering like mad on acceleration, run the diesel out incase bad , filled up with new diesel and fitted a new filter and put redex in tank , no different at all just getting worse , lots of white smoke now due to redex , any help would be grateful gave a video of the missing and rattle

Read codes please and post them here

Comment

Could be a dodgy injector, is the engine management light on?
      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Hi , no lights on dash at all, and had someone hook it up and no fault codes ,, have a video if can post

Comment

What year, milage and engine you have@
          Any servicing history@

Comment

2.0 diesel
            No service after 80 , but serviced when moted ,

Comment

I hope that its not the dreaded oil pickup seal
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Anyway of telling without stripping it down

Comment

Check your pipes incase of a tiny tear anywhere. That's all I can offer

Comment

Originally posted by Royvauxhall View Post
                    2.0 diesel
                    No service after 80 , but serviced when moted ,
                    It seems like oil pump pick up seal failure.
                    At around 80k they should be replaced and dealers, garages not replacing them at regular servicing intervals

Comment

Is there any way of telling without stripping it down, and what is the symptoms if has gone , as still starts on the button just sounds like it's running on 2 or 3,, oil level still the same ,, cheers

Comment

Well it's hard to say, if it's the seal than replace it ASAP and don't use the car until sorted as it may damage the engine.

Comment

Tbh when I find out what the problem is I have it done at the same time but from what I can see and tell it's not that I had no oil warning light come on before either,

Comment

All I can say is if it was that oil seal then by now that engine would of told you to go a do one , because it would of seized by now ,
                            But seeing as it seems to be " missing " on 1-2 cylinders could be signs of injector failure , and I've known some injector failures to also make the top,end of the engine sound as if an expensive repair is looming , and I knew of someone who's car was misdiagnosed by one garage that said it required a new engine, then he took it elsewhere and turned out to be an injector . You say it's got white smoke yes true there's redex in there but if it keeps on blowing out white smoke then that denotes unburnt diesel .
                            But we are playing a very expensive form of guess the fault , as said above stop using it and get it looked at toot sweet , but keep us informed, as it helps others with maybe the same kind of fault .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks , wish I could up load the video so can have a look and listen ,, I did think from the beginning injector but with the engine sound and wierd noises that are intermittent makes you wonder , also thinking diesel pump not supplying enough , do need to get it looked at but that situation were most garages never no and just start replacing things , until they fix it at our expense , if I could remove the injectors my self I would change them and have a look before taking it in but don't have removal tools , shouldn't a injector fault throw up codes cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X