Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Is there any way of telling without stripping it down, and what is the symptoms if has gone , as still starts on the button just sounds like it's running on 2 or 3,, oil level still the same ,, cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's hard to say, if it's the seal than replace it ASAP and don't use the car until sorted as it may damage the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh when I find out what the problem is I have it done at the same time but from what I can see and tell it's not that I had no oil warning light come on before either,

Car
    SRI CDTI saloon 2010 / 20" VXR Alloys
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is if it was that oil seal then by now that engine would of told you to go a do one , because it would of seized by now ,
    But seeing as it seems to be " missing " on 1-2 cylinders could be signs of injector failure , and I've known some injector failures to also make the top,end of the engine sound as if an expensive repair is looming , and I knew of someone who's car was misdiagnosed by one garage that said it required a new engine, then he took it elsewhere and turned out to be an injector . You say it's got white smoke yes true there's redex in there but if it keeps on blowing out white smoke then that denotes unburnt diesel .
    But we are playing a very expensive form of guess the fault , as said above stop using it and get it looked at toot sweet , but keep us informed, as it helps others with maybe the same kind of fault .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , wish I could up load the video so can have a look and listen ,, I did think from the beginning injector but with the engine sound and wierd noises that are intermittent makes you wonder , also thinking diesel pump not supplying enough , do need to get it looked at but that situation were most garages never no and just start replacing things , until they fix it at our expense , if I could remove the injectors my self I would change them and have a look before taking it in but don't have removal tools , shouldn't a injector fault throw up codes cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap, that's why I'm thinking about the oil pump seal as most of the other issues should be recorded by ECU and codes stored or displayed on dashboard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2